B2620 Mower Size?

/ B2620 Mower Size? #1  

IH2424

Tractor
Kubota B2620, IH 2424, McCormick W-4, JD 345
Thinking of buying a finish mower for my B2620 for our 2 acre lawn. I really would want to go with a 6' cut, but with 19 PTO HP, I am just below the recommendations for a 6 mower. Is anyone using this combination? My lawn is mostly flat and I keep it cut fairly short.

Thanks,
Tim

/ B2620 Mower Size? #2  
Sorry, can't help you. Mine is running a 60 inch mid mount. But I can say it never powers out or loses blade tip speed so I can't see why you wouldn't have the power if you don't let it get too long or thick.

/ B2620 Mower Size? #3  
Run a 6’ woods finish mower on our B26. The extra width makes trimming next to landscaping and buildings easy. HST transmission can handle it. We, my wife mainly, mows lawn, orchard, around barns, to semi woods. In the fall use it to mulch the leaves in our 1/2 mile green tunnel driveway.

/ B2620 Mower Size? #4  
I've used a heavy KingKutter 72" double-v belt finishing mower with rear discharge on my BX2200 and it worked great. No issues even up hills.

I think it helps that the roller and gauge wheels make it easy to move. I can actually drag it in the grass using one arm.

I know some of the cheaper quality finishing mowers are not that easy to move due to the wheels being cheap.

I also run a Woodmaxx 62" flail mower with grass knives, as well on my little BX2200. I just used it the other day to mow down saplings and to actually mow a piece of lawn I haven't been able to get to mow (too wet earlier on). I was mowing extremely thick grass that was about 8-10" tall and the tractor and flail mower did an impressive job. No way would I have used the MMM on that, I would've had windrows like crazy.

/ B2620 Mower Size? #5  
I ran a 6' finish mower on my old B8200 (16hp PTO) and it was fine on mostly level ground and regular mowing. It did get real light up front causing steering issues, which was fixed with 150lbs of suitcase weights.
Your 2620 may need additional weight on the front end if you don't have a loader.

/ B2620 Mower Size? #6  
Great question. I have outgrown my rotary cutter…everything that needs to be trimmed is gone. I will upgrade to a finish mower now when I move from annual food plots to perennial food plots.

I used a 60” rotary cutter on my B2640HSDC, and it had zero issues pulling up hill. I was thinking a lighter finish mower in the 72” size would work great.

I am seeing a few “confirmations” here that are great to see.

/ B2620 Mower Size? #7  
Great question. I have outgrown my rotary cutter…everything that needs to be trimmed is gone. I will upgrade to a finish mower now when I move from annual food plots to perennial food plots.

I used a 60” rotary cutter on my B2640HSDC, and it had zero issues pulling up hill. I was thinking a lighter finish mower in the 72” size would work great.

I am seeing a few “confirmations” here that are great to see.

B2650HSDC