B2320 Advice

/ B2320 Advice #1  

smstonypoint

Tractor
NH TN 55, Kubota B2320 & RTV 900, Bad Boy Outlaw ZTR
I am contemplating buying a B 2320HSD to maintain portions of my farm that I cannot access with my utility tractor. I have a loader on that tractor and do not need a loader for the 2320.

I will buy a 4' rotary mower and plan to add a 50-gallon sprayer and a chipper-shredder in due course. None of these attachments should weigh more than 500 pounds.

I am a cautious soul and I will not be operating the 2320 on steep slopes. Do I need front weights?

Because I will not be doing any loader work or tillage, would it be OK to go with unloaded tires?

My local dealer has a 2320 equipped with Goodyear Xtra Traction R3s on the rear. Those tires look like they would have enough traction to serve my needs. Your thoughts?

Steve

Last edited:
   / B2320 Advice #2  
You may not need loaded tires but if it were me I would add weight to the front .

/ B2320 Advice #3  
Loved my B2320. It benefits from weight as the tractor simply is very light. Superb machine in every way, but light it is.

/ B2320 Advice #4  
Had a B2320 with no FEL and had to add weights to front end for tiller and rotary mower. It was a gear (my first and last gear drive tractor) and would do wheelies.
B2320 FRONT REECE PLATE  WEIGHTS 025.jpg

/ B2320 Advice #5  
I'd say with that 50 gallon sprayer (loaded) on the 3 pt you should have some weights on the front end, and would probably help control that rotary mower as well as immobilize the chipper/shredder when parked.

I've never loaded the R4 tires on my B2620 and it works fine with BB, Tiller and other tillage attachments.

Cheers,
Mike

/ B2320 Advice #6  
I have a B2620, and I put 135lbs of weight on the front when I use my finish mower. Makes a big difference-without the weights I can wheelie going up small slopes!

Will

/ B2320 Advice
Thanks for all of the replies.

It looks like I should add front weight. Will uses 135lbs of weight on his B2620. Would that be enough front weight on a B2320 when using a 4' rotary cutter or a 50-gallon sprayer?

Steve

Last edited:
   / B2320 Advice
Another question.

What circumstances/operating conditions would warrant installation of the high capacity alternator kit (listed @ $192)?

Steve

/ B2320 Advice #9  
I'd say that the stock dyno is adequate, not unless you are planning on lighting it up like Christmas tree. My B2620 uses a total of 9 amps on two halogen lights mounted forward on the ROPS. LED's would use even less. The stock dyno fits nicely under the hood. It might be crowded under there with a bigger alternator....a minor issue maybe. Others might site a circumstance where the alternator is really needed...or, at least, is quite useful. Maybe a blind operator could use more output.:laughing:

/ B2320 Advice #10  
Use the money saved by not buying the dyno upgrade to upgrade your worklights to LED?
You mentioned accessing areas that are difficult with your larger tractor - will you be getting ags, turfs or industrial tires?
That decision may have some bearing on stability.
Our B2320 has unballasted ag tires set somewhat narrow for our small vegetable gardens - it's light and not too terribly stable on a side slope.
I'd want some weight on the front if there's no FEL; with how much depending on what you're doing with it.
It's a great little tractor - we've been very happy with it.