B2150 4x4, motor won't turn

/ B2150 4x4, motor won't turn
Only a couple things that I know of that will lock an engine besides a transmission issue which can be eliminated by pushing in the clutch or putting in neutral aid that is a dropped valve, hydrolocked engine or ran it out of oil and spun a bearing.
Oil is good , it's not Hydro locked ( I have the injectors out, I have the valve cover off and valves didn't drop.

/ B2150 4x4, motor won't turn #24  
Only a couple things that I know of that will lock an engine besides a transmission issue which can be eliminated by pushing in the clutch or putting in neutral aid that is a dropped valve, hydrolocked engine or ran it out of oil and spun a bearing.
I vote for the dropped valve. If everything else has been thoroughly checked, and the OP says it has, it probably dropped a valve that prevents a piston from moving which prevents ... you know the rest. By the way I have 3 B2150s of varying ages and hours. Never any such thing as this. How many hours on yours OP ?

I vote for the dropped valve. If everything else has been thoroughly checked, and the OP says it has, it probably dropped a valve that prevents a piston from moving which prevents ... you know the rest. By the way I have 3 B2150s of varying ages and hours. Never any such thing as this. How many hours on yours OP ?
I got this machine about 3 months ago , everything worked great. It has 2175 hours on it. I have the valve civer off and all is accounted for.

/ B2150 4x4, motor won't turn #26  
Is the hydraulic pump driven off the front of the engine?

Take the belt/s off the engine and then try turning it over.

Last edited:
   / B2150 4x4, motor won't turn #28  
I got this machine about 3 months ago , everything worked great. It has 2175 hours on it. I have the valve civer off and all is accounted for.
You could be in the middle of something really rare here? May want to consider some shops that offer to diagnose your problem for some set price and then credit that diagnosis money to the repair if you choose.

/ B2150 4x4, motor won't turn #29  
Is there an inspection plate you can drop to look at the clutch just to ensure that something like a broken bolt did not drop into there to lock up the ring gear. Or use an inspection camera through the starter hole.

You said you got a partial turn on the initial start try; can you turn the engine back the same amount with a bar? You may be able to get some movement by jacking the rear up and using the tire to try to turn the engine by having someone apply the diff lock while someone tries to turn the tire.

I'm not familiar with that particular engine, but assuming it has timing gears have you pulled the front cover to ensure everything is where it is supposed to be? A real long shot; remove the belt to ensure the water pump or other accessory is not locked up.

Been doing this type of stuff a long time and it is always human nature to look for the worst thing that can happen when it often turns out to be something quite simple but overlooked because we focus on the really bad stuff first.

Is there an inspection plate you can drop to look at the clutch just to ensure that something like a broken bolt did not drop into there to lock up the ring gear. Or use an inspection camera through the starter hole.

You said you got a partial turn on the initial start try; can you turn the engine back the same amount with a bar? You may be able to get some movement by jacking the rear up and using the tire to try to turn the engine by having someone apply the diff lock while someone tries to turn the tire.

I'm not familiar with that particular engine, but assuming it has timing gears have you pulled the front cover to ensure everything is where it is supposed to be? A real long shot; remove the belt to ensure the water pump or other accessory is not locked up.

Been doing this type of stuff a long time and it is always human nature to look for the worst thing that can happen when it often turns out to be something quite simple but overlooked because we focus on the really bad stuff first.
I started with simplest first ( in very knowledgeable ) and pretty much eliminated the motor being the problem , pretty much with all the early tries I almost, all together , got a full revolution. The starter is still out and if I had a bore scope I could look in the hole where that goes , but I don't have one. I jacked the back end up and spin the wheels in neutral and in the 3 ranges and still no movement of any sort at the flywheel. Also drained motor oil and checked for metal frags and there was none.