B Boss 6x6 plow setup

/ B Boss 6x6 plow setup #101  
It looks like you're having too much fun...

/ B Boss 6x6 plow setup
Boss 6x6 plowing dirt!

Over the weekend we tilled up our garden and plan to seed it back to grass. After the tilling, it was of course quite rough and needed dirt dozed back up the hill to fill in a low area. It worked! No, I didn't grab much dirt per pass. :)

Attachments

• boss1040963.jpg
    boss1040963.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 134
  • boss1040962.jpg
    boss1040962.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 134
  • boss1040960.jpg
    boss1040960.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 135
  • boss1040959.jpg
    boss1040959.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 126
  • bossandplow1040956.jpg
    bossandplow1040956.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 131
   / B Boss 6x6 plow setup #104  
Hey ArylA,

Here's a few pictures of my neighbors Cam-Am bumper repair (the 2 parallel round tubes were leaning about 30 degrees from vertical) that I did a few weeks ago and the fix #4 now with a double pulley system and spring.

All they have to do is connect the bottom traveling pulley to their snowplow, then the spring gets a little work out this winter.

KC

20201013_154309.jpg 20200914_135807.jpg 20200914_153851.jpg 20200915_151523.jpg

/ B Boss 6x6 plow setup
Thanks for posting pics KC! Looks like some good upgrades you did. We've seen skifs of snow here so winter will be sneaking up on us soon. :eek: I assume you are up there??

/ B Boss 6x6 plow setup #106  
Thanks for posting pics KC! Looks like some good upgrades you did. We've seen skifs of snow here so winter will be sneaking up on us soon. :eek: I assume you are up there??

Thanks, the UTV bumper is very light duty, made out of 1/16" thick round tubing, and where I drilled the holes to help with the straightening (this area looked like a host of winkles) did finally rip/tear just before being pulled back into original position.

Yes winter is on it's way yesterday had about 1/2" of snow covering everything, and this weekend is calling for 6-12" of snow.

Installed most of my snow marker poles yesterday, and the goal today is installing the remaining poles a long with switching the tractor over to the start of winter mode, weight box, dozer blade, and snow chains.

Are you going to be grooming the trails this winter? My neighbor (another one) grooms for the local snowmobile club here, they have 2 pistonbully's and maybe a third for next year.

KC

/ B Boss 6x6 plow setup
Thanks for showing us what you did KC. We're getting snow here off/on so the blade might have to go back on sometime. :eek:

/ B Boss 6x6 plow setup #108  
Thanks for showing us what you did KC. We're getting snow here off/on so the blade might have to go back on sometime. :eek:

Your welcome, the 16th and 17th they called for 6"-12" snow with an arctic blast and we received 18" of snow with the morning of the 17th chilled to a -17F.

My neighbors Cam-Am plowed their driveway and said the new set up with 2 pulleys and a spring used for visual tightness reference worked great, but they got stuck because they did not install their tire chains yet.

Here's a couple of pictures after I installed the new winching hardware system (they just need to hook the shackle with the lower pulley to their snowplow blade when they install it) with the heaviest spring our local hardware store had.

B.T.W. the bracket that the spring is attached to is the first 3/8" x 1.5" flat bar bracket (they bent like a fishing pole with a lunker hook to it) used with a single pulley system.

KC

20201013_154204.jpg 20201013_154309.jpg

/ B Boss 6x6 plow setup #109  
Your welcome, the 16th and 17th they called for 6"-12" snow with an arctic blast and we received 18" of snow with the morning of the 17th chilled to a -17F.

My neighbors Cam-Am plowed their driveway and said the new set up with 2 pulleys and a spring used for visual tightness reference worked great, but they got stuck because they did not install their tire chains yet.

Here's a couple of pictures after I installed the new winching hardware system (they just need to hook the shackle with the lower pulley to their snowplow blade when they install it) with the heaviest spring our local hardware store had.

B.T.W. the bracket that the spring is attached to is the first 3/8" x 1.5" flat bar bracket (they bent like a fishing pole with a lunker hook to it) used with a single pulley system.

KC

View attachment 674860 View attachment 674862

Opps, I just remembered that the spring shown in the pictures was the one my neighbors purchased and I thought it might me a little on the weak side so I went to the local hardware store and purchased the heaviest spring they carried which seemed about 2-3 times heavier then the one in the pics.

KC

/ B Boss 6x6 plow setup
Little plow update that's looooong overdue. Had it in the shop for updates and reinforcements. Added 2 extra springs. ya, it was tripping way to easily and tightening up the springs wasn't "cutting" it. So originally it came with 2 trip springs but now it has 6. Those two might be fine for an ATV with tires, but not a 6x6 with pods. It works much better now...... I can post pics of reinforcements added if anyone cares to see them.

This moose plow was built pretty light but its had several strengthening plates added to it by now.
P1040557.jpg
P1040559.jpg
P1040561.jpg

Last edited: