Austrailian built McCormick

/ Austrailian built McCormick #21  
duggie
I m going to try that ! Do you have the Toyota part number ?Adaptor for ?

/ Austrailian built McCormick
The new liners would not go all the way in due to rust buildup on the sides.
The WSM says they must be free to rotate when fitted without the O ring.
I used a sanding drum in the diegrinder to bring it back to bare metal after covering up the crank journals as best I could.
Then washed it all well with diesel in a kero gun. Hope I got all the dust off the crank and camshaft.
Now to soap up the O rings and fit the liners. IMG_1648.JPG

Interesting that these engines have helicoil inserts fitted for the head bolts from new. As can be seen they are still in good condition.

Finally getting it together.
No 1 exhaust valve and seat were a bit pitted from the water getting in. I cleaned them up best I could and put it together again.
It runs anyway so far but could not give it a workout due to the stuck clutch.
Fastened a wire rope to a tree with a bit of slack, started in gear, with hand ready on the stop knob,and foot on the clutch.
1st low, not enough, neither 2nd low. However 3rd low had more momentum, nearly bucked me off when it hit the end of the cable but it did the trick. Clutch now works.
Now just have to patch and paint the mudguards and bonnet, sort out the 3PL arms then hook up the slasher and see if it works.

Notice I changed the seat for an aftermarket one thats more comfortable. Took a bit of adapting.

Attachments

• IMG_1670.JPG
    IMG_1670.JPG
    275.2 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
While I was bolting on the mudguards this red budgie flew in for a look. Must like the color:)

Attachments

• IMG_1671.JPG
    IMG_1671.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 456