Austrailian built McCormick

/ Austrailian built McCormick #11  
As long as you're having fun Mate.

Were you south enough, the other week, to get snow?

/ Austrailian built McCormick
Not quite, we are inland a bit from the Sunshine Coast.
You lot can keep that white stuff down there, we dont need it.
Though a bit of rain would be good, its getting bloody dry. Going to be a bad fire season with all the long grass around.

/ Austrailian built McCormick #13  
I didn't cop any snow either, but St Helens is the "Riviera" of Tassie. I have had my pipe from the tank freeze twice this season... just had to wait 'til 1030 to have a tubs. (Note to self: see if there's some pipe lagging in town)

The cold has led to a shortage of hay as the local stock are eating more than usual.

It was 3 degrees C on the verandah this morning. Thats too cold for here. We only have four horses on 40 acres so still have plenty of tucker.
Still need rain but.

/ Austrailian built McCormick #15  
Now to clean the inside off the block . Sleeves must go in freely before you install the o-rings with liquidsoup . Remember to apply a bit of silicol in the topstep of the block to assist with sealing .

Yep, just waiting on my rebuild kit to arrive. It comes with new gudgeons and big end shells as well.
I was wondering if putting silicon sealer on the O rings would be an idea. It would act as a lube for the liner and seal as well.
I thought of putting a dab in the top too.

/ Austrailian built McCormick #17  
Liquide soap on o-ring and bottom part of sleeve....no silicon there ! Silicon will harden and float and block your coolingsisteen .
After installing sleeves use topbolts and a nut that fitts on it to clampdown the sleeves when installing the pistons and rings .
The combustinchambers should not protrude from the top(silinderhead)

Thanks for the tips. I gather you have done this before.
At first I thought a PCC had dropped down a bit but on cleaning the head , it is pitted around it. I gather water must have been leaking in there at some time.

/ Austrailian built McCormick #19  
Hi
On checking the photos of the silinderhead it looks to me that the glowplugs is connected wrong ? There is two steps (connectingpoints) on one glowplug And to connect all of them you need to connect no 1 and 2 and then no 3 and 4 (big eyes on the lead )and then the isolators on all 4 glowplugs after that you add the next connection between 2 and 3 and then the power at no 4 and the earth at no 1(all smaller eyes on those leads). But before that you will have to pressuretest the silinderhead for any cracks . They crack normaly between the PCC and the valveseats . Replacing the silinderhead is a good idae but if not avalable then stitching must do .
In the gasketset you get 8 big copperwashers , 4 with a bigger ID , use them with the old ones to lift your PCC to let your piston clear the PCC when you start the engine for the 1st time.

Last edited:
You are very observant:)
The glow plugs are Toyota ones and made to be connected like that.
Supposed to be an improvement in that if one craps out the other 3 still glow. Not like the original system.
The adapter is locally made and sold on ebay here.