Auction

/ Auction #1  

Tig

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota, B7100HST-D
Went to an auction a couple weeks back with the FIL. All the $5 treasures I spotted went for over $30 but I did come home with a couple accessories. I paid $45 for the carry all and $90 for the blade. I saw bigger stuff go cheaper but I'm happy with how I spent my afternoon.
On the carry all there is no top link pin. Instead it has a chain attached at both ends. How does that work?
forks.jpg

5blade.jpg

/ Auction #2  
Tig said:
On the carry all there is no top link pin. Instead it has a chain attached at both ends. How does that work?

Maybe it's a drag-all...

/ Auction #3  
bjcsc said:
Maybe it's a drag-all...
:p :p

HAHAHAHAAAHAHAAAHAHAAAA!!!!

Sorry, I'm no help here either!

/ Auction #4  
It shouldn't be hard to do just a little welding on that carry all to have the top link pin and used your existing top link cylinder. However, you can also use the chain instead of the cylinder for a top link.

/ Auction
I guess I should drag it over to my buddy with the big welder. Thanks guys. :)

/ Auction #6  
I'd go with Bird's recommendation.
Depending on how deep that C-Channel is, you may be able to drill through the sides to accomodate the top link.
Looks to me like you picked up a couple of bargains. Good on you!

/ Auction #7  
The reason that chain is there is to keep you from sticking the forks into the ground, when you are backing into a pallet on sloping or uneven ground. It allows the forks to float, instead of digging in.:D

/ Auction #8  
diyDave said:
The reason that chain is there is to keep you from sticking the forks into the ground, when you are backing into a pallet on sloping or uneven ground. It allows the forks to float, instead of digging in.:D
Had not thought of that, but it sure makes sense. Thanks, diyDave.:)

/ Auction
Makes sense, Dave. I'll have to experiment with chain length and attach point to the fixed chain. I should be able to get it to tilt the load slightly towards the tractor when lifted.