Attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941

/ Attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941 #5  
This is the first time I've seen it mentioned ANYWHERE! I have been thinking of it all day while wondering if we had forgotten.

/ Attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941 #6  
Slightly somber perspective but in my lifetime I saw the last Spanish American war and WW1 vets pass. If I'm fortunate with sometimes questionable decisions and health I'll probably see the last WW2, Korean and Vietnam vets pass. Younger generations will need to carry on the memories and traditions with humble
pride IMO.

/ Attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941 #7  
Yep... neighbors were there and parish priest shrapnel wound at Pearl Harbor from attack...

Seems to be fading from remembrance just like VJ and VE day.

/ Attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941 #8  
"This is the date World War 2 ended, when we dropped the atomic bomb on the Germans at Pearl Harbor."

1702003921838.png

:D

Bruce

/ Attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941 #10  
Had an uncle that was a corpman aka nurse on pearl during that attack. I don’t believe he ever fully recovered from the devastation, pain and suffering he saw that day. I am sure there are many others that had family in the same situation.

My father was in hospital when the bomb was dropped that ended the war. He never fully recovered from the combat he saw in the Philippine islands.

Hats off to those that served.