Attachment dolly

/ Attachment dolly #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
I was reading a thread here, and I saw where someone suggested building a dolly to place heavy implements on to move them around when they are in the way...

What a GREAT idea. I had never thought of this.

There have been so many times when I've took off my bush hog in the garage, hooked up the tiller, used the tiller, put it away in front of the bush hog, then back my Bobcat in the garage, leave a pallet with some truck parts on it in front of the Bobcat, then come back a week later and realize I need to get to the bush hog.

So, I was wondering if there have been more than a few people here that have built something like this, and if you have any pictures or tips for building one. I can only imagine how nice it would be to be able to move an implement around to an area where I can store it out of the way, then come back and wheel it out, hook it up, and go when I need to.

/ Attachment dolly #2  
Here are the two I built, the BH stand was my very first welding project with a Hobart 125, that was the first and only project the Hobart did, my MM175 has done everything since.

Some here use furniture dollies, pallets with wheels and other custom wood dollies.

Hooking up cannot be easier.

/ Attachment dolly #3  
Forgot something:)

Attachments

• DSC00351.JPG
    DSC00351.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 740
  • DSC00353.JPG
    DSC00353.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 919
  • DSC00063.JPG
    DSC00063.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,058
   / Attachment dolly #4  
One of the must do's on my list is to modify my JD loader with the quick attach bucket to be able to pick up three point equiptment. Most of my stuff sits outside and is in the way when mowing. With a hook on front I could pick the piece up,mow the spot, and set the piece back in place. No chains or even getting off the tractor and alot neater looking than going around. Those dollies in the pics look great. Nice and light to stand when not in use also.

/ Attachment dolly #5  
I made a couple recently. Basically just big furniture dollies except I used cast iron casters. I actually do keep my loader bucket on a regular furniture dolly.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    281.1 KB · Views: 849
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 680
   / Attachment dolly #6  
Search my posts from a few months back and you will find descriptions and photos of what I made with 2 x 4's and OSB. . I can roll around my 1000 lb tiller and 950 lb Brillion seeder easily. Hookup is a breeze.

Don't use too big a wheel or it makes hookup difficult.

Last edited:
   / Attachment dolly #7  
I keep a stack of the small furniture dollies in the corner of my barn. I get them from Harbor Freight when they have them on sale for 8 or $9. They work great for most things, and I even have my 6' rotary cutter on 2 (one at each front corner. The tail wheel of that cutter holds up the rear end. The dedicated dollies that the others have made would surely work better though.

/ Attachment dolly #8  
you can see mine in the thread in photos about having a cleaned up barn for a change:eek::)

/ Attachment dolly #9  
Interesting this should come up just now.

I have just this afternoon finished the major assembly of my Attachment Handler, although the attached pix are from a few days ago. (more pix will follow in a few days when I get it more completed)

I needed something to pick up attachments, and transport to a storage area that is both awkward (small) and fragile for my tractor to operate in. So far I need to handle a ballast box, a box blade, and a rototiller.

The concept is a "rough terrain engine hoist" using golf cart wheels and tires, one of HF's long hydraulic jacks. If all goes as planned, I should be able to pick the attachment, place it on the arms, and wheel it to the tractor for easy hookup, and visa-versa to tuck it back out of the way on our rather small property.

Not too far from the first test run, keeping my fingers crossed. :D

Sherweld

Attachments

• IMG_6507.JPG
    IMG_6507.JPG
    449.7 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_6508.JPG
    IMG_6508.JPG
    480.5 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_6510.JPG
    IMG_6510.JPG
    449.7 KB · Views: 795
   / Attachment dolly #10  
Interesting this should come up just now.

I have just this afternoon finished the major assembly of my Attachment Handler, although the attached pix are from a few days ago. (more pix will follow in a few days when I get it more completed)

I needed something to pick up attachments, and transport to a storage area that is both awkward (small) and fragile for my tractor to operate in. So far I need to handle a ballast box, a box blade, and a rototiller.

The concept is a "rough terrain engine hoist" using golf cart wheels and tires, one of HF's long hydraulic jacks. If all goes as planned, I should be able to pick the attachment, place it on the arms, and wheel it to the tractor for easy hookup, and visa-versa to tuck it back out of the way on our rather small property.

Not too far from the first test run, keeping my fingers crossed. :D

Sherweld

Lots of potential in your idea. Sure would be an handy way to hold a lot of weight. Keep us updated on the progress.