Attached GARAGE (homeowner) thoughts

/ Attached GARAGE (homeowner) thoughts #11  
8x8 doors. F250 will fit but I have to fold the mirrors in first.

/ Attached GARAGE (homeowner) thoughts #12  
24×32 Detached. Interconnected Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Detectors that also Alarm in the house. 16 foot insulated overhead garage door and 1 36" man door. My vehicles have Battery Disconnects or I disconnect the battery when parked inside. An EV will never be parked inside or close to any of my buildings. I also removed the forced air furnace and installed a heating unit that uses combustion air from outside just in case I spill a little gas. After almost killing myself while working on a running vehicle, I installed an Exhaust Hose to the outdoors.

Please Be Safe rather than Sorry!

/ Attached GARAGE (homeowner) thoughts #13  
I have a 3/4 ton GMC with the big camper mirrors that slide in/out.
My door is 8' high but the actual measurement is 93.5" high. There's no need to go higher unless you have some ridged CB antennas or a compact tractor with a ROPS.

It is just shy of 10' wide but the actual opening is 9'7" which is big enough as long as I go slow in/out and stay straight.

/ Attached GARAGE (homeowner) thoughts #14  
lol. I park my big hipped 3500 in my detached metal arch building. I have a 16 x 8 door, so plenty of room. My son parks his crewcab long box 2500 in detached 24x24 garage with 16x7 door. Hitch to back wall and inches to spare with door closed.

/ Attached GARAGE (homeowner) thoughts #15  
We have 8x8 doors in our garage, and my 2022 Silverado 1500 fits with 3" on either side of the mirrors. We have 9x9 doors in our barn, and the 2020 Ram 2500 with towing mirrors fits with 2" on either side. We fold the driver's mirror in to make it easier. Next garage or barn gets 10' wide doors.

/ Attached GARAGE (homeowner) thoughts #16  
Two stalls are 30' deep with 8'X10' doors. Third stall is 23' deep with 8'X8' door. If there ever is a next time, doors will be 12' wide.

20240428_213409.jpg

/ Attached GARAGE (homeowner) thoughts #17  
Have a 3 bay standard sized attached garage. When I bought the house in 2001, there were three separate garage doors.

Bought an F350 CC 6.5’ bed in 2006 that could fit in width wise, so had the garage converted to one large door and on regular door. After I did that, I could fit the F350 inside with my V plow and bumper salter on - I would just angle the truck in so that the front end was snugged into the corner ;plow in V position).

/ Attached GARAGE (homeowner) thoughts #18  
My garage has three overhead doors. 16’ wide x 10’ high where I park my 3500 and the wife parks her jeep. Next stall has a 14’ wide x 16’ high for my boat, next stall has a 12’ wide x 16’ high. Heated garage, expensive doors!

/ Attached GARAGE (homeowner) thoughts #19  
My garage has standard 9 wide by 7 high doors. I can park my F150 4x4 in the garage but it's tight and the antenna hits the door going in and out. I park the truck in the pole barn with a 12 wide x 11 high door. If I was building a garage I wouldn't go with doors less than 10 wide.

/ Attached GARAGE (homeowner) thoughts #20  
Just because you don't own and EV, doesn't mean you are all right with parking in an attached garage.
I read a few stories a while back about Ford having sensors on the brake master cylinder that would cause a vehicle fire. Kind of worried me, since I own one of them and found those stories when I was looking for the reason for my cruise control not working!
I keep full coverage on a 2000 Ford F350 just because of this!
I would like to have a covered walkway to the house from where the Wife parks her car, but haven't done it. Guess an umbrella works for now.
David from jax