Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines?

/ Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines? #1  

jkk04

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 410 backhoe, MF 30 industrial tractor, IH TD-14 dozer, New Holland TZ24DA

/ Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines? #3  
Don't call this number without doing more research on it. We do have a line we'd like to have taken down from when there was a radio station on the property so I did a search. Nothing good came up about this, although it does appear to be some type of scam phone #.

/ Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines? #4  
   / Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines? #5  
All of the old phone lines are buried here and aren't causing any problems so I doubt if anybody would dig them up to remove them.

/ Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines? #6  
I don’t know how to tell if they are abandoned, I know people still have land lines at home

/ Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines? #7  
Kind of amazing that in my area, that Century Link pissed off so many people, that there are no subscribers any more to a trunk line that runs through my property. I've asked them to remove it, but they just will not even acknowledge its there. I can even give the pole numbers to them and then the endless run around that goes no where. :(

Last edited:
   / Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines? #8  
We moved onto this property in 1982. Due to an ongoing legal battle between the power company and the telephone company - I was never able to get a phone land line.

The power Co would not allow tele Co to hang their line on the power poles. Tele service would have to be buried. The cost to bury a mile of tele line - >$32K.

For about a year I was REALLY blessed. No phone service.

Then the wife found out about the Motorola Bag Phone.

/ Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines? #9  
Had something similar with trying to get internet in WA

I was spending 4 to 5k on tree work every 8 to 10 years so renters Satellite had clear view of sky.

Comcast had to be buried as PSE pole not an option.

14k to underground the fiber.

Topography makes over the air not viable.

/ Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines? #10  
We moved onto this property in 1982. Due to an ongoing legal battle between the power company and the telephone company - I was never able to get a phone land line.

The power Co would not allow tele Co to hang their line on the power poles. Tele service would have to be buried. The cost to bury a mile of tele line - >$32K.
Around here, if there are poles, they also carry phone and cable. I assume the county regulates who can use what.

However, I also have Bonneville high voltage lines crossing my property. And, unfortunately Bonneville charges an exorbitant amount of rent if a wireless provider wants to hang antennas on their towers.

Unfortunately, they don't pay rent to have their towers on a person's land.