Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines?

/ Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines? #21  
I have a pole at the street and one 300ft away behind my house. The phone line was hanging about 12' off the ground. With me not needing it I removed it from my house and both poles about 10yrs ago.

/ Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines? #22  
This number wouldn't work for me anyways. AT&T sold out to Verizon long ago, who in turn sold out to another company who can barely keep up with the infrastructure they need.

/ Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines?
This number wouldn't work for me anyways. AT&T sold out to Verizon long ago, who in turn sold out to another company who can barely keep up with the infrastructure they need.
Did you try with this number?
888-920-9939 Ext 6746.

I have a pole at the street and one 300ft away behind my house. The phone line was hanging about 12' off the ground. With me not needing it I removed it from my house and both poles about 10yrs ago.
It was great you removed the line yourself.
I would do it but afraid of raising the liability with AT&T later, especially living in California 😩😩
That was the reason I really wanted to let them remove it.

/ Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines? #25  
Did you try with this number?
888-920-9939 Ext 6746.
Everything on the net points to this number being a scam phone number.
Are you promoting a scam here?

Everything on the net points to this number being a scam phone number.
Are you promoting a scam here?
Did you try the number?

I am a member in here a for while

and never be like you think

The phone number worked for me and I wanted to share the info for members who needed it.
If you don't need to get rid of the line, you don't have to look at this thread. That is simple.

/ Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines? #27  
It was great you removed the line yourself.
I would do it but afraid of raising the liability with AT&T later, especially living in California 😩😩
That was the reason I really wanted to let them remove it.
Liability of what? Theres nothing left..nor was there ever a line there when I moved in..is what I would tell them.

/ Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines? #28  
Line Related but for cable…

I managed a small 4 unit apartment and the tenants were denied cable saying the owner had to trench.

I found this odd as the cable for the separate owned adjacent 6 unit building had arial drop attached to the building I managed and running across the full length of the structure…

I was told no longer possible… but didn’t sit well with me.

“Somehow” the cable serving the 6 unit build became “Severed” during roof replacement.

Comcast had 6 very upset customers and sent 2 bucket trucks…

I said wait a minute… why are you on this property when my tenants can’t get cable???

A supervisor was called and I said the next building should trench like I was told and the response was we have 6 customers without service and it could be months to trench.

Anyway, Comcast agreed to put in cable for my tenants if I allowed them on property…

/ Are you looking to get rid of abandoned telephone landlines? #29  
I'm retired from Verizon for over 20 years now. Even back then, the company was trying to sell off it's less profitable landline service areas. Between the FCC requirements and the low profit margin, there were few takers.

Now, no one will touch landline service. It hasn't been profitable for decades. In most places, the expensive to maintain landline infrastructure (poles, cable, etc) is being left to rot in place. Band-Aids are being applied when absolutely necessary. Eventually, all landline service will be switched to VOIP using the internet. It won't be long before the copper cables are removed and sold for scrap.

Last edited: