Are rural king tractors yanmars?

/ Are rural king tractors yanmars? #31  
Can the admin move this to the rural king forum? Not sure why we are arguing about it here

/ Are rural king tractors yanmars? #32  
Groo,
Why doesn't your kubota offer 8 year warrenty? Doesn't mean it will last only 8 years, means after 8 years, if you have repairs necessary , it becomes your responsibility. At any rate, you are not interested in RK, and that is fine. Some folks will never be satisfied.

Thirdman
Please don't speculate they save money by ignoring parts inventory. If you have specific and gerrmaine information, tell us.. Harmful speculation unjustly disparages the brand without foundation.

/ Are rural king tractors yanmars? #33  
I have the Cabela's tractor made by TYM. 2016 46H I wonder if RK will sale me parts as Cabela's no longer does?

/ Are rural king tractors yanmars? #34  
All, We don't normally jump into discussions regarding our tractors unless we see substantial inaccurate information or someone asks a specific question that we are best positioned to answer. Not interested in having a presence on any other brand's forum, but a Tractorbynet user brought this thread to our attention and we'd like to respond with some details that may clear things up for everyone.
Thank you.

Thank you for responding to this thread. I don't understand why on earth the manufacturers/sellers would be reluctant to comment and set the records straight. I respect a company that is ready, willing and able to defend their products on a public forum. One of the only things I dislike about Branson is that their corporate goobers are essentailly unreachable in any way when someone has a specific problem or issue. Those could easily be dealt with by a simple post on a forum like this one.

For every poster on these forums, there are a dozen lurkers (maybe more) who show up here to do research when buying a tractor or implement. If the factory or company is engaged, that engenders trust among the readers. Trust builds sales. Simple.

I'm not much of a tractor expert but I do know business. I'd recommend that you take a cue from Messick's for Kubota or Yanmar in the Yanmar (new) forums and make your voice heard regularly.

/ Are rural king tractors yanmars? #35  
Please post pictures of TYM, Kioti, and LS tractors with over 2k hours on them ? Along with those pictures, I'd be interested to know what the service history is. I can walk around "my neighborhood" and find ten's if not hundreds of Cases's, JD's, Kubota's and Yanmar's ( green painted Yanmar's ) with over 2k hours.

Koreans build a very good tractor from my experience.
I own a 2001 Kioti DK 35 with over 2000 hours on it (2120 hours). Awesome tractor.
Never gives me issues, never been back to dealer. Still working just as good as when it was new.
My previous tractor was a John Deere 850.
It was good too. But if it was better than my Kioti you would have to show me where. I don't see it.

/ Are rural king tractors yanmars? #36  
Koreans build a very good tractor from my experience.
I own a 2001 Kioti DK 35 with over 2000 hours on it (2120 hours). Awesome tractor.
Never gives me issues, never been back to dealer. Still working just as good as when it was new.
My previous tractor was a John Deere 850.
It was good too. But if it was better than my Kioti you would have to show me where. I don't see it.
I'm not knocking Korean built anything. I'm a huge fan of Samsung TV's.

My point is, most people including myself are willing to pay more for machines from companies that have had a good reputation in the industry for a hundred years.

Last edited:
   / Are rural king tractors yanmars? #37  
Sloeffle,

Please name a tractor company that can trace their origins back hundreds of years. In fact, are any companies viable today, with roots dating back hundreds of years?

/ Are rural king tractors yanmars? #38  
Sloeffle,

Please name a tractor company that can trace their origins back hundreds of years. In fact, are any companies viable today, with roots dating back hundreds of years?

An interesting question. List of oldest companies in the United States - Wikipedia contains a list of US companies with roots that date back hundreds of years, but alas, no tractor companies. ;)

Even companies with production histories can produce "duds" now and then.

download.jpeg

pinto.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Steve

/ Are rural king tractors yanmars? #39  
Sloeffle,

I'm done arguing with you. You are right and I am idiot who likes to spend money. Please learn how to use google....

/ Are rural king tractors yanmars? #40  
Groo,
Why doesn't your kubota offer 8 year warrenty? Doesn't mean it will last only 8 years, means after 8 years, if you have repairs necessary , it becomes your responsibility. At any rate, you are not interested in RK, and that is fine. Some folks will never be satisfied.

Thirdman
Please don't speculate they save money by ignoring parts inventory. If you have specific and gerrmaine information, tell us.. Harmful speculation unjustly disparages the brand without foundation.

I've got no interest in any new tractor at this time. The funds aren't there. I have no interest in RK because there is no dealer nearby.

As far as waranty, I'd take 3 years backed well vs. 10 years of fighting with a company and getting claims rejected. I would suspect RK is carrying all the waranty cost as part of their deal (thats how these things normally go), so it may go sour down the road.
Honestly, any vehicle should have any manufacturing bugs worked out in 3 years (even my super-lemon Jeep Wrangler that had waranty costs aproach the purchase price, had minimal non-wear failures between year 3 and year 8 (alternator, and maybe a brake booster I think), That jeep was my daily driver. I certainly wouldn't wear a tractor out in 10 years of personal use. What I am saying is for a vast majority of owners, years 4-8 should have virtually no waranty costs on average.
regardless of brand, it looks like virtually all tractors of this size use Yanmar engines, so you will get the same engine no matter whos machine you buy. If you have a decent engine, and a well built transmission, there isn't much else to go wrong on these tractors.
If the competitors see RK getting sales with their longer coverage, others will follow suit. Like I said earlier, its a marketing thing more than a sign of quality.