Are Harbor Freight discount coupons gone for good?

/ Are Harbor Freight discount coupons gone for good? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
A search for this gave me no clues and I can't find the Google search we used to have so I may out of the loop so bear with me. I know the Harbor Freight 20% discount coupons dropped a few months back and have even seen one or two since then but nothing since.

Anyone know anything or are they just gone for good? The end of them kind of takes the shine off a trip to a store.

/ Are Harbor Freight discount coupons gone for good? #2  
The inkling I get is they're under tremendous stress with supply chain issues. You may notice they haven't done much in the way of 'free' item coupons lately either when they used to have five or six at a time. They seem to have switched to targeted promos and '20% 0ff' pricing for specific items.

All that, plus they seem to be changing their product line

Will they revert whenever all the silliness ends? Who knows.

But, yes, the attraction is gone and I haven't been there in a while. Is it going against them? In my case, it seems to be. I'd grab a free item and use a 20% off on some low dollar widget I was looking for. While there, I might grab a few other simple things. I haven't been there in quite a while now.

/ Are Harbor Freight discount coupons gone for good? #3  
Coupons are gone, and the limited discounts mainly apply to paying members only. There are occasional sale items they list as “no coupon needed” but none of those has applied to items I was looking for. I still get their emails daily but I find myself deleting them without opening them more often lately. I’ve moved my routine purchases to other places.

/ Are Harbor Freight discount coupons gone for good? #4  
I would drop in specifically to get my free trinket. Then would grab anything else that was needed. It was very effective. They used to give away a 25’ measuring tape, which was actually a decent tool. I have a bunch of those, along with the blue LED lights. HF is still a fantastic store. People like to gripe about the Pitssburg tools, but with a lifetime warranty, what’s the problem? I have broken very few of them. The I multi tip screwdriver for $1.99 is an amazing tool. It’s good to have one of those in every room.

Last edited:
   / Are Harbor Freight discount coupons gone for good? #5  
Last time I was there, I walked out leaving a bunch of items in my cart. I needed a few pairs of mechanics gloves, some air supply lines and some sanding paper stock. Probably a few widgets in there too--I don't recall. I had over $100 worth of items in my cart. They had one cashier and the line went all the way to the back wall of the store. No special sale and I was there early. I didn't need the stuff that bad. I pushed my cart to the side and walked out.

I ended up ordering what I needed off Amazon.

/ Are Harbor Freight discount coupons gone for good? #6  
People like to gripe about the Pitssburg tools, but with a lifetime warranty, what’s the problem?
The "problem" is, when I'm working on something, I need to get it done THEN, and NOT have to run for replacement wrenches or replace other broken tools, just to finish the job!

SR

/ Are Harbor Freight discount coupons gone for good?
Last time I was there, I walked out leaving a bunch of items in my cart. I needed a few pairs of mechanics gloves, some air supply lines and some sanding paper stock. Probably a few widgets in there too--I don't recall. I had over $100 worth of items in my cart. They had one cashier and the line went all the way to the back wall of the store. No special sale and I was there early. I didn't need the stuff that bad. I pushed my cart to the side and walked out.

I ended up ordering what I needed off Amazon.
Isn't that the truth. Local box stores here have no one working and even less helping. I've walked out as well and then bought from Amazon. I don't have to waste any gas, don't have to hunt for a salesman or wait in a line to check myself out and don't have to find out the item I want is not in stock after all.

/ Are Harbor Freight discount coupons gone for good? #8  
Supply chain economics and JIT is totally screwed up today (example is the lack of IC's for automotive use, resulting in curtailment of auto production as in no parts)... HF is no exception. When your product is coming from China for the most part, it's hit and miss and HF is changing their buying format. They want you to have their Synchrony sponsored credit card to get your discounts (I have one) or be an ITC member (I also am). I have no issue with HF tools so long as I don't buy the loss leader stuff, for the most part it's all good. Not surprised the coupons are gone at all actually. Logical progression.

/ Are Harbor Freight discount coupons gone for good? #9  
When the list of excluded items on the 20% coupon grew I left. Besides, I already have 30 tape measures and 20 flashlights.