Are backhoe subframes specific to the tractor or to the backhoe

/ Are backhoe subframes specific to the tractor or to the backhoe #1  

penfrydd

Tractor
New Holland 45
Hello all,
I've got a NH TC45 DA tractor. I've had it for about 10 years. Last year I managed to get an older Woods 750 backhoe. The only time I've ever had a 3ph backhoe was an ancient Long on a Ford 4000, without a subframe. Yes, it was too heavy for the tractor, but that tractor was way more beefy than this TC45. From what I've read, I need a subframe. As the title suggests, I want to know if the subframe is specific to the tractor, or to the backhoe, or to the combination.
Thanks
Thom
Colrain, MA

/ Are backhoe subframes specific to the tractor or to the backhoe #2  
Hopefully others will replay also, but I have to believe its a combination of both the backhoe and the tractor.

I have a TC33D with a backhoe and would not doubt that its subframe might fit a TC35 as well but I would highly doubt it would fit your TC45 as I think your 45 is a frame size bigger than my 33.

/ Are backhoe subframes specific to the tractor or to the backhoe #3  
When I bought a Kubota backhoe, I needed a specific subframe that was only for my model of tractor and backhoe.

/ Are backhoe subframes specific to the tractor or to the backhoe #4  
There's a specification manual on Woods' website where you can drill down to your tractor and it will show you the proper subframe for their backhoe. As I recall, it was somewhat hard to locate but it's there.

I'm still trying to find a subframe for my Kubota B2910. Mine calls for the Woods part #1005650. The subframe is specific to both the tractor and backhoe.

/ Are backhoe subframes specific to the tractor or to the backhoe #5  
There's a specification manual on Woods' website where you can drill down to your tractor and it will show you the proper subframe for their backhoe. As I recall, it was somewhat hard to locate but it's there.

I'm still trying to find a subframe for my Kubota B2910. Mine calls for the Woods part #1005650. The subframe is specific to both the tractor and backhoe.

I just spent some time on Woods' website and I can't find the link that lets you look up the subframes. I recall that it was well hidden the last time I needed it, but I can't swear that it's even there. If you want to pursue that, and you don't find it, might be best to call Woods or have a dealer look up the correct subframe.

Good luck. This can be a frustrating item to find as many of them are no longer in production or in stock anywhere.

/ Are backhoe subframes specific to the tractor or to the backhoe #6  
You can possibly start selecting a few different models to see if they are compatible:

The B75 is not according to this link, look in the table for Tractor Compatibility, the BH75 is for a TC33, TC 35 & TC40 :

/ Are backhoe subframes specific to the tractor or to the backhoe #7  
I'm pretty sure that Woods makes a 4 point quick attach subframe to fit the TC35/40/45 DA series of tractors.

I bought one of their models to put on my TC33D (the subframe was made to fit the TC33DA, but my local NH/Woods dealer made that happy discover that it would also fit the earlier model TC33D). I bought a used Woods 7500 that was set up for 3 Pt Hitch mount. I just unbolted a couple of the 3PH mating parts from the backhoe and bolted on the mating parts for the 4 point quick hitch, and was ready to do.

It works really well. The subframe stays on the tractor all the time. When I'm in practice, I can mount the backhoe in less than 10 minutes. (It's been a couple of years since I used it, so I'm sure it would take me longer now.)

I'm not sure how well it will fit with the Woods 750 backhoe, but its worth asking. (NOTE: back when I was considering trading up to a larger tractor, I asked about taking my back hoe with me. If I recall what my dealer said correctly, Woods made two different subframes for a TC40DA. One would fit the 7500 and another would fit their next size larger backhoe - I think it was a Woods 8500?? They suggested I go up to the larger backhoe, as it would be a better match to the TC40DA. I never upgraded to the larger tractor, so not sure how the 7500 would have worked out on it.)