Financing Anyone taking advantage of Massey's 0% for 84?

/ Anyone taking advantage of Massey's 0% for 84? #1  

falfrenzy

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25d
Or is qualifying for it nigh on the impossible?

/ Anyone taking advantage of Massey's 0% for 84? #2  
Or is qualifying for it nigh on the impossible?

I did. Qualifying shouldn't be hard. There was a price differential in the the base price vs paying cash. In my shopping, only Kioti was cheaper but not by much. Massey's financed price was still much better than Bota and Deere. Worth it compared to others' all-in pricing if you aren't able willing to write a check. Also check with your insurance company, not all will insure a piece of equipment like this so the financing program will give you access to insurance.

/ Anyone taking advantage of Massey's 0% for 84? #3  
I know on the 4700 series, the cash discount was about $6800, so the 0% was not feasible for me. Maybe the smaller tractors it's not as much.

/ Anyone taking advantage of Massey's 0% for 84? #4  
I know on the 4700 series, the cash discount was about $6800, so the 0% was not feasible for me. Maybe the smaller tractors it's not as much.

To compare, Kubota was $900 for cash discount on Grand L and M series (ie 45-60k range) compared to 0% for 60m.

just remember that $6800 is your financing charge if 0% for 84m is $6800 more than cash. That is 13.7% of the cost on a $50k purchase.

I looked at the 1758 and 1759..it was still thousands of dollars. If I went with a MF it would be cash. Kubota may also be baking the financing costs in, charging both cash and financed purchasers more to defray those costs overall.

/ Anyone taking advantage of Massey's 0% for 84? #5  
To compare, Kubota was $900 for cash discount on Grand L and M series (ie 45-60k range) compared to 0% for 60m.

just remember that $6800 is your financing charge if 0% for 84m is $6800 more than cash. That is 13.7% of the cost on a $50k purchase.

I looked at the 1758 and 1759..it was still thousands of dollars. If I went with a MF it would be cash. Kubota may also be baking the financing costs in, charging both cash and financed purchasers more to defray those costs overall.
I agree...AGCO financial isn't the best. Kubota and Case/NH had best financing offers by far. Case/NH you lost a $1800 rebate. I used this as a bargaining tool since I was also looking at a Case 75c. AGCO stepped up with more discounts and 4.49%for 84. I was happy with that since I was putting over $20k down.

/ Anyone taking advantage of Massey's 0% for 84? #6  
When I bought my GC1710 I had a choice of several interest rates and terms. The 0% option had a much higher price than the others. Of course, all cash was the lowest price and thatç—´ what I went with but the other subsidized interest rates (forget what they were but I think somewhere between 2-5%) weæ±*e still a much better deal than 0%. The overall cost when adding in the interest over the life of the loan was still less than the same tractor financed at 0%.

/ Anyone taking advantage of Massey's 0% for 84? #7  
84 months seems a bit excessive for a small tractor.

/ Anyone taking advantage of Massey's 0% for 84? #9  
7 years for a small diesel tractor is excessive? At 0%?
My little bx1800 is 17 years young, and still going strong. I just want something bigger. It's got another 17 in her, I bet.

My 8N Ford is 68 years old
My Ford 3400 TLB is 49 years old
My 4x4 Ford 1920 FEL is 30 years old

They ALL have a lot of life left!

/ Anyone taking advantage of Massey's 0% for 84? #10  
In general I believe the public is heading in the wrong direction. It isn't smart to have an 7 year loan on anything. Whether its a car, truck, tractor, boat or whatever. But it seems to be what a lot of people are doing. We are debt heavy society so it is what it is.