Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower?

/ Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #21  
There used to be manufacturers who built a long shaft carrier to allow a rear PTO to run a front mounted snowblower with the addition of a 180* drop and adapter. I saw on in Ellensurg at the Deere dealer, and there was a JD 950 with a similar snowblower for sale on Tractorhouse for a while, most recently last year.
Yep. Loftness is one (I have a Loftness which is setup that way).

Aaron Z

/ Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #22  
There used to be manufacturers who built a long shaft carrier to allow a rear PTO to run a front mounted snowblower with the addition of a 180* drop and adapter. I saw on in Ellensurg at the Deere dealer, and there was a JD 950 with a similar snowblower for sale on Tractorhouse for a while, most recently last year.

Schulte still makes some of their larger blowers in that configuration.

/ Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #24  
   / Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #25  

Erskine as well.

The hydraulic pump/motor/tank where the blower mounts to the SSQA mount is the cat's meow though. Then you don't have to fight with that stupid undercarriage (L3940 with kubota front mount blower). That thing is a PITA. Maybe someday I'll figure out the best way of dealing with it.

/ Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #26  
I see BIG deere, CIH and Fendt tractors here with front 3 point and pto... All it takes is $$ and lots of it!

SR
What's a few thousand bucks between friends. :laughing: I see on the Laforge site they make units that will fit on a 50XX series tractor. I like that they take the power off the front engine crankshaft pulley and don't have a long shaft extending to the back. I'd think a front mounted disk mower that win-rowed the cut hay between your wheel treads would be a great set up allowing the driver to keep eyes front all the time.

/ Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #27  
Mount standard three point blower on FEL and put 27 HP Kohler (2500 USD new) or Kubota diesel on it. Gear it down with couple sprockets. It will take minutes to put it on or take it off the tractor.

/ Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #28  
I took some pictures tonight of the Loftness frame mocked up on our L3830. Will try to post them tomorrow.

Aaron Z

/ Anyone make a tractor that front mounts a 3pt snowblower? #29  
Mount standard three point blower on FEL and put 27 HP Kohler (2500 USD new) or Kubota diesel on it. Gear it down with couple sprockets. It will take minutes to put it on or take it off the tractor.

Combine this with my previous post, for smaller tractors, where there isn't enough PTO HP to drive a hydraulic pump, and you don't have the lifting capacity to pick up a 3pt blower and engine with the FEL, you could mount an engine and hydraulic pump and tank on the 3 pt hitch (makes nice ballast) and run hydraulics up to the FEL....