Anyone in the market for a 3215HST?

/ Anyone in the market for a 3215HST? #1  

Mike5252

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2320
I just noticed there is a like new 3215HST w/ FEL on Ebay. It looks like a legit auction, as I actually purchased a tractor from the same seller last year.

The high bid is currently only around $10k, but there are 4 more days left on the auction.

........Kind of makes a person itch to buy a new tractor.

I don't know how to post a link, but the item number is: 140136940788

/ Anyone in the market for a 3215HST? #2  
Mike5252 said:
I just noticed there is a like new 3215HST w/ FEL on Ebay. It looks like a legit auction, as I actually purchased a tractor from the same seller last year. The high bid is currently only around $10k, but there are 4 more days left on the auction. ........Kind of makes a person itch to buy a new tractor. I don't know how to post a link, but the item number is: 140136940788
It ended up going for $12,700. Believe me when I tell you that I was watching closely and getting ready to sell the Harley for this one as a sweet back-up tractor (and for those smaller, more delicate jobs) when that bugger was sitting there around $11,500-ish for the longest time. :)

Unfortunately for me, the last minute bidders appeared right on schedule. :eek: What a fabulous deal that would have been! :rolleyes:

Dougster

/ Anyone in the market for a 3215HST? #3  
dougster a method a lot of my friends use when they really want something off of ebay is to get 5 or 10 people, who, towards the end of the auction bid on the item on behalf of the person who wants it, doesn't guarantee you'll get the item, but it does increase your chances. usually, the one who wants it will tell the group the maximum he will pay so nobody bids too high. seems to work well for them.

/ Anyone in the market for a 3215HST? #4  
Cacinok said:
dougster a method a lot of my friends use when they really want something off of ebay is to get 5 or 10 people, who, towards the end of the auction bid on the item on behalf of the person who wants it, doesn't guarantee you'll get the item, but it does increase your chances. usually, the one who wants it will tell the group the maximum he will pay so nobody bids too high. seems to work well for them.
Oh, it wasn't because I wasn't there on-line and watching like a hawk (or would that be a vulture???)! :) It just went up over the "super-bargain" figure I had in mind and ended up as a mere "bargain"! ;)

When you are as dirt poor as me, you really need them "super bargains"!!! :D

Dougster

/ Anyone in the market for a 3215HST? #5  
Dougster said:
Oh, it wasn't because I wasn't there on-line and watching like a hawk (or would that be a vulture???)! :) It just went up over the "super-bargain" figure I had in mind and ended up as a mere "bargain"! ;)

When you are as dirt poor as me, you really need them "super bargains"!!! :D

Dougster
even when you're watching like a hawk/vulture (lol) the deal sometimes slips through. but you're right super-bargains often become bargains and more often move to the "i can't believe you paid more that it was worth range".

/ Anyone in the market for a 3215HST? #6  
Cacinok said:
even when you're watching like a hawk/vulture (lol) the deal sometimes slips through. but you're right super-bargains often become bargains and more often move to the "i can't believe you paid more that it was worth range".
Amen Brother Clint! Been there, done that. Oh the stories I could tell you! :eek:

Dougster

/ Anyone in the market for a 3215HST? #7  
If you are like me and live out in the dialup boonies you lose out on a lot of deals at the last second on ebay, waiting for the bid page to load in that final flurry of bidding.

/ Anyone in the market for a 3215HST? #8  
Keith_B said:
If you are like me and live out in the dialup boonies you lose out on a lot of deals at the last second on ebay, waiting for the bid page to load in that final flurry of bidding.
Well, that's what you get for living out there in God's country!!! :) Gotta make a few sacrifices to be able to stretch out and breathe fresh air! ;)

Dougster

/ Anyone in the market for a 3215HST? #9  
I use the "snipe" method. I have a program that lets me bid 15 seconds prior to the auction ending, I've never lost an item I wanted with that method.

With just 15 seconds to go it hardly leaves time for the next guy to see what I bid and drop a new bid on top of mine. I've won things soo cheap that soem sellers have refused to send the item to me, yes against E-bay policy, but they have no clout any way for enforcing anything.

/ Anyone in the market for a 3215HST? #10  
Kendall69 said:
I use the "snipe" method. I have a program that lets me bid 15 seconds prior to the auction ending, I've never lost an item I wanted with that method. With just 15 seconds to go it hardly leaves time for the next guy to see what I bid and drop a new bid on top of mine. I've won things soo cheap that soem sellers have refused to send the item to me, yes against E-bay policy, but they have no clout any way for enforcing anything.
Sniping is cool... but too often unreliable. I've lost some great deals while relying on a snipe program to grab it for me... although I used much tighter timing than you. No big deal on small stuff... but on a big purchase, it can hurt if the snipe program ends up failing. :mad:

Many years ago, I won a nifty red C4 Corvette on eBay. The seller then said I got it too cheap. I told him I wanted it anyway. He started making up all kinds of stuff wrong with it like body and glass damage... many of which he was probably willing to do if I pressed the issue... so I had no choice but to let him out of the deal. Next auction he got a couple grand more and was happy. So it goes. :rolleyes:

Dougster