Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ??

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #11  
A good mouser will do the job, it’s hard to find a good one. Don’t let your wife or kids spoil it with food though. We had one as a kid that never ate a morsel of food it didn’t catch until the coyote caught it

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #12  
I use this style. Just about the time you think you’ve killed them all more show up.
DD3016A4-8628-4966-833D-444DCD1F5CF2.jpeg

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ??
thank you everyone, esp moss rd for your detailed explanations and links to mole info...

I am pretty sure i have grubs, but I also have a lot of earthworms too.

The biggest challenge I have is I am not at the ranch for more than 24-36 hrs at a time. I know setting traps and managing them is timing consuming and a requirement. So, getting the upper hand on a consistent trapping regiment will be difficult.

As far as NC declaring moles a protected animal, I would have to change that law...

Has anymore every used the nomol mole traps? Here's a video on them:

thanks again for everyone's help and experience !!!

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #14  
I use a pull behind spike aerator (not plug) it kills the moles food source and hopefully a few moles plus it aerates the lawn lol have done it this way for 5 years.

I use a pull behind spike aerator (not plug) it kills the moles food source and hopefully a few moles plus it aerates the lawn lol have done it this way for 5 years.
can you pls send some pic's?

do you have an irrigation system where you run the spike aerator ?

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #16  
can you pls send some pic's?

do you have an irrigation system where you run the spike aerator ?
It's just your cheap run of the mill big box store pin hitched pulled by an old JD lawn tractor. With about 100lbs of weight on it. I'm in the process of revitalizing my current lawn irrigation system however I believe the lines are not perforated cause they are buried pretty deep in the lawn and still in good shape I hope you don't think I run over sprinkler heads with it, lol and no action shots as I usually frown upon operating equipment of any size and taking photos.

Attachments

• KIMG1717.JPG
    KIMG1717.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
   / Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #17  
The key to using the traps is learning where to place the traps. After a while you learn where they are more likely active, kind of a main run so to speak. Sometimes I put a trap out and have doubts and other times I can tell it’s likely to get one. Once you put them out there isn’t much to do.

/ Anyone have a solution to eradicating moles ?? #18  
Since owning and operating ranch for last 30 yrs, the moles have really taken-off around the 2-acre house area. I use cinch traps for gophers and have caught 100's of them and have them under control; the moles I do not.

Looking for solutions that one person can implement to start knocking out these pests. I know they are moles, not voles or gophers...I really would appreciate your help and suggestions on any means you have been able to successfully eradicate them. Thank you very much !!
I've used this solution since 2017 and it continues to work. Get it at amazon.com

This item: Victor M6006 Outdoor Mole & Gopher Poison Peanuts - Mole and Gopher Bait Killer - 4 Pack
$23.38

Thanks for the pic Jeff..

Dave, MossRd posted a mole info sheet. It showed a pic of main-like tunnel, w various smaller looking tunnels branching off the "main" one. I believe the main tunnel is the active area that I need to find. Just like fishing; you can be the best fisherman in the world, but if there's no fish around, guess what? It's key finding the moles...I will indeed be a learning process.

Thanks

I've used this solution since 2017 and it continues to work. Get it at amazon.com

This item: Victor M6006 Outdoor Mole & Gopher Poison Peanuts - Mole and Gopher Bait Killer - 4 Pack
$23.38
rekee / do you use these for gophers or moles or both? Gophers are herbivores while moles are mainly meat/grub/earthworm/insect eaters. I used to use these on gophers until I found effective traps. thanks