Loader Anyone have a 70 or 70A loader with a hose support bracket?

/ Anyone have a 70 or 70A loader with a hose support bracket? #1  

LehighValleyPA

Tractor
John Deere 790 MFWD
The hydraulic hoses for my 70 loader on my JD 790 rub on the front wheel at times, wearing through the hose guard. On Deere's online parts catalog I discovered a hose support that my loader doesn't have, so I ordered one figuring that it might help.
I picked it up on Saturday - it's a length of round stock formed into a rectangle with a stem. But I have to admit it's not entirely clear where it's supposed to mount and in what orientation. :confused: It doesn't help me that the loader is currently off while I'm replacing a bucket cylinder.
If anyone has something like that installed, could you offer any advice or a picture of it??

/ Anyone have a 70 or 70A loader with a hose support bracket? #2  
The hydraulic hoses for the 70 loader on my 755 want to rub on the front tire too. The loader has a heavy wire "loop" to trap the hoses, but their weight causes them to droop down against the tire, and the loop is free to swivel them towards it. Whenever i notice them rubbing, i pull them back up. So far, the flexible sleeve hasn't worn through (it'll be about 20 years i've owned it later this year.) over the years, I've used baling wire to try to limit the hoses, but haven't been very succesful. Maybe i should try chewing gum or duct tape? :)

/ Anyone have a 70 or 70A loader with a hose support bracket? #3  
On my 790 (with the 419 loader) the support was attached to the left hand mast (since the hoses go with the loader when it's dismounted). I thought it was bolted in place, but it's been a while since I sold the tractor). The support wasn't painted (cadmium or zinc plated, I believe).
The hoses and protective sleeve would also rub the front tire. I got tired of yanking them away, so I used two wireties. One tie "choked" the protective sleeve, the other was used to tie the first wiretie to that bracket. Minimal movement after that.

/ Anyone have a 70 or 70A loader with a hose support bracket? #4  
Hi Lehigh-
I have an 855 with 70A loader and have that bracket. It does its job very well. Look at where your loader mast attaches to the horizontal bar (piece of square tubing) mounted on your tractor. There is a bolt on that horizontal bar immediately to the right of where the loader mounts. That bolt holds the bracket you have. Hose bracket should be mounted so that it points forward and slants in an upward direction. I know, I know- a picture is worth a thousand words. But I'm terrible with technology and trying to get pics on here. If you get stuck, let me know and I'll have the Mrs. help me get a pic up here. Hope this helps!
-Jay

/ Anyone have a 70 or 70A loader with a hose support bracket? #5  
I have the 790/model 70 loader but it doesn't have a support bracket for the hoses. I used a dollar bungee strap to tuck the hoses up away from the wheel. Works good & lasts a long time!! :D

/ Anyone have a 70 or 70A loader with a hose support bracket? #6  
A thousand word attachment...

Attachments

• Hose bracket.jpg
    Hose bracket.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 1,481
   / Anyone have a 70 or 70A loader with a hose support bracket? #7  
Wow that's simple. Must be about $100 From John Deere. I have a strap with velcro that I run around the mast and the hoses to keep them off the tire. $1.00 or $2.00 at a dollar store.

/ Anyone have a 70 or 70A loader with a hose support bracket? #8  
Part Number: M117022
Part Price: 26.79 USD
On Hand: 0 Check Other Stores
Description: SUPPORT, WIRE HOSE /70A LOADER KIT

/ Anyone have a 70 or 70A loader with a hose support bracket?
Hmm, the joke's on me because mine doesn't have any holes in the loader mast square tube. Maybe it's just for the 70A but not the 70, contrary to JD's online parts catalog.
I should have the rebuilt bucket cylinder back for the weekend; I'll get the loader assembled and on the tractor and take another look at the whole thing all together.

Last edited:
   / Anyone have a 70 or 70A loader with a hose support bracket? #10  
Do'nt mean to hijack this thread but, I have ? Has anyone that has a 70a loader change the frontend loaders bracket on the front over to a qh style so u can change the bucket to forks and etc like the new style loaders r? Hate not being able to drop the bucket when not needed. Thanks!