Anyone had a lumbar fusion?

/ Anyone had a lumbar fusion? #41  
I'm scheduled to have a couple of bones in my neck fused tomorrow. I hope to be able to play the piano with both hands afterward. You know the rest of the punch line...
The first sentence is true.

/ Anyone had a lumbar fusion?
I'm continuing to recover from the surgery. About the only pain remaining is the deep aching pain in my lower back, other than a little where they took a bone graft and marrow out of my pelvis. I'm down to only two or three pain meds a day, so that's good, as I hate the foggy feeling in the head that the Percocet gives me. I've to take some Tylenol for low level pain during the day, instead of popping more Percocet. Still walking every day, though some days are a little rough, because I know it will help in the long run.

Also, I know some of you have followed my thread about restoring my 70 Nova, the paint shop called today and said I could come and get all the loose pieces as they were all done. So tomorrow, a couple of friends are going to meet me at the paint shop and we'll bring the hood, front fenders, trunk lid and a few small parts back to my shop. After they get the body shell wet sanded and buffed out, and the dash painted, probably on Friday or Monday, they'll hang the doors and have the towing company bring it to my shop.
So, progress on two fronts is being made, but I'll have to wait a few more months on my back recovering before I can do any serious work on the Nova.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and wishing me well, it's much appreciated.

/ Anyone had a lumbar fusion? #43  
I'm scheduled to have a couple of bones in my neck fused tomorrow. I hope to be able to play the piano with both hands afterward. You know the rest of the punch line...
The first sentence is true.
I hope everything works out well with your surgery. Good luck with that piano :cool:

/ Anyone had a lumbar fusion? #44  
I'm continuing to recover from the surgery. About the only pain remaining is the deep aching pain in my lower back, other than a little where they took a bone graft and marrow out of my pelvis. I'm down to only two or three pain meds a day, so that's good, as I hate the foggy feeling in the head that the Percocet gives me. I've to take some Tylenol for low level pain during the day, instead of popping more Percocet. Still walking every day, though some days are a little rough, because I know it will help in the long run.

Also, I know some of you have followed my thread about restoring my 70 Nova, the paint shop called today and said I could come and get all the loose pieces as they were all done. So tomorrow, a couple of friends are going to meet me at the paint shop and we'll bring the hood, front fenders, trunk lid and a few small parts back to my shop. After they get the body shell wet sanded and buffed out, and the dash painted, probably on Friday or Monday, they'll hang the doors and have the towing company bring it to my shop.
So, progress on two fronts is being made, but I'll have to wait a few more months on my back recovering before I can do any serious work on the Nova.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and wishing me well, it's much appreciated.

Sounds like progress on both fronts. I am on my 2nd week back at work after a Dec back surgery so I understand where you are. I finally made it up to 2 miles with my walking. Walking will wear me out but in the long run it does help. Hang in there, it will get better.

/ Anyone had a lumbar fusion? #46  
Hold my beer. I had severe back pain for 2 years and my asshat doctor and asshat local emergency room doctors put me on muscle relaxers and pain killers....for 2 years. Got worse and worse and then a gastroenterologist that I went to ordered a cat scan with contrast and found a tumor on my spinal cord that was cancerous. She called me that evening and told me to get to the emergency room immediately and they operated to remove the tumor and stabilized my spine with screws and rods. I've been going for chemo treatments for multiple myeloma for the past 12 years on and off, as I go in and out of remission. I've been in remission now for the past year and a half. Hopefully I stay in remission. I am on a new drug called Darzalex which is NOT chemotherapy. It is a targeted monoclonal antibody that helps slow or stop the progression of multiple myeloma.
xray1.jpg
xray2[5913].jpeg

/ Anyone had a lumbar fusion? #48  
Hold my beer. I had severe back pain for 2 years and my asshat doctor and asshat local emergency room doctors put me on muscle relaxers and pain killers....for 2 years. Got worse and worse and then a gastroenterologist that I went to ordered a cat scan with contrast and found a tumor on my spinal cord that was cancerous. She called me that evening and told me to get to the emergency room immediately and they operated to remove the tumor and stabilized my spine with screws and rods. I've been going for chemo treatments for multiple myeloma for the past 12 years on and off, as I go in and out of remission. I've been in remission now for the past year and a half. Hopefully I stay in remission. I am on a new drug called Darzalex which is NOT chemotherapy. It is a targeted monoclonal antibody that helps slow or stop the progression of multiple myeloma.
View attachment 784538View attachment 784539
Wow! Must have been a large tumor?

/ Anyone had a lumbar fusion? #49  
That's a lot of hardware!
Hope the treatment keeps you in remission guy!
Hang in there.
Thank you.
Wow! Must have been a large tumor?
Not large, but it was wrapped completely around my spine and was putting pressure on my spinal cord. The back surgeon said I was millimeters away from being paralyzed from the waist down if it was not removed. I was very lucky that they found it in time.