Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas?

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas? #111  
Yep those two stroke power tool bans are only ramping up.

Funny thing is my city implemented and I see CalTrans ignore using gas equipment.

I asked a CalTrans engineer and he said State and Federal property generally do not have to abide…

He also said commercial grade backpack battery packs are very expensive… no kidding!

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas? #112  
We had a battery golf cart. Turned me on any battery power. Went to gas cart. I use all elctric power tools and gas lawn tools.
the tree huggers can have their electric junk.

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas? #113  
I have both gas and electric push Toro lawnmowers (around 1/2 acre lot). I like them both and use both. I have gone to Worx electric trimmer and Toro blower and chainsaw (electric chainsaw for small jobs is just so much more convenient, particularly on a ladder--I still have gas for big jobs). Also, my wife will only use electric so the free labor is a plus, lol. This is after 3 years.

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas? #114  
Hahaha. We got off in the weeds a little. I don't have anything to add to the discussion directly related to the title. I would like to clarify a couple things that were mentioned:

"Interesting. Let me throw something else into the mix. A gallon of gas around here is $3.89 and a gallon of electricity is about $0.63"

When I said "a gallon of electricity" it probably misled a few. That $0.63 was the product of the aforementioned 9.25 KW X what I thought my rate was. It was an attempt to compare the energy equivalent and a teensy bit of humor. The "gallon of electricity" was the cost of 9.25KWH, NOT 1KWH. However, upon checking my rate is $0.0839 per KWH, so the price without add-ons would have been about 14¢ more, or 77.6075¢

"You are getting screwed. This site says the average residential cost is $0.1753 in Lancaster County, PA."

If I'm getting screwed paying 8.39¢ when the going rate is 17.53¢, I'm happy to let them have their way with me:)

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas? #115  
Milwaukee and Ryobi power tools...more than enough power for hand tools....my Milwaukee will break your wrist if you are not holding it properly.
Batteries okay for small stuff....even long pole reach branch cutters. They will never replace larger gas engines for a long time...too heavy and short time span compared to the large gas tools. I have had multiple Ryobi batteries go bad over the last 5 years and the large ones are expensive too! Failures are always with the electronic circuits within the batteries. I was given a dual battery powered WORX Leaf Blower as a present....very impressive with a turbo button. Use it constantly now to blow off the driverway. Very lightweight, extremely powerful and the two batteries last longer than I would have thought. Perfect for driveway and garage use but I wouldn't use it on a lawn.

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas? #116  
I have used gas chain saws for years. This electric has made the biggest differance in cutting wood. The Sun-Joe electric chain saw. It will out cut any gas motor saw hands down. I have the 044, 028 and a Sears gas saw but this cuts the best, For remote cutting I tow a gas powered generator 4000 watt that will power the 18" and a 14" electric Sun-Joe. I will not go back to gas....

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas?
uh-huh

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas? #118  
I jumped in on the electric blower, chainsaw and weed wacker eagerly, thinking they would replace the Stihl gas pieces I previously run.
Fast forward to today and I am once again back to my Stihl gas blower, Stihl gas weed walkers and never really left my Stihl & makita gas chainsaws.
The electric tools are all 60V DeWalt. Nothing wrong with them. They all work fine, but after running both in a commercial business for 2+ years, I really only use the electric weed wacker periodically for light jobs I know will be done in under 15 minutes.

Not disappointed, just have found gas revs higher & keeps running when far away from the truck for hours on a full tank. Gas chainsaws are screamers and will cut circles around the electric. Electric only really good for quick 10 minute pruning jobs. Gas blower just keeps on running & running.

Anyone else try electric, go back to gas?
Batteries belong in flashlights an cell phones not in chainsaws, trimmers etc.

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas?
Batteries belong in flashlights a cell phones not in chainsaws, trimmers etc.
I would add drills, saws, impacts, etc. They are pretty good there, too.
Batteries not quite ready for prime time in chain saws or weed walkers except for short time use limbing not tree felling or lighter grass cutting, not heavy brush clearing.

/ Anyone go from gas to electric, then back to gas? #120  
I have used gas chain saws for years. This electric has made the biggest differance in cutting wood. The Sun-Joe electric chain saw. It will out cut any gas motor saw hands down. I have the 044, 028 and a Sears gas saw but this cuts the best, For remote cutting I tow a gas powered generator 4000 watt that will power the 18" and a 14" electric Sun-Joe. I will not go back to gas....

Try and not be so obvious next time.