Anyone go back to a flip phone?

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #31  
So people can't control themselves with a modern smartphone? Sad really. Just delete all of the apps, keep messaging and phone only.

Instant gratification and quick endorphin* release are a hard thing to combat for a species that loses control to the likes of substance abuse, especially when it's guilt free.

*I may have the wrong chemical.

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #33  
How do you get the pictures from your ELPH camera onto the internet? Is there a micro card in there with photos or how do you get them over to the Internet?
I connect (wire) the Canon (micro card?) to my computer and download them. They stay there until I want to post one. Sometimes I have trouble finding the one I want.......That's because I'm really not that skilled at this stuff.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #34  
You're rather frugal, how does Boost treat you? We're about done with U.S. Cellular and I've been mulling over Patriot and Mint, but I hadn't given any consideration to Boost.
35 bucks a month and has been that for a long time I might add.

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #35  
Id go back to a casio gz one rock flip phone without apprehension if they were still made and supported 4g.

Last edited:
   / Anyone go back to a flip phone? #37  
Boost has some good deals on unlocked phones as well. I looked at Patriot but Boost is still the least expensive and I'm happy with them. Been a Boost Mobile person for at least 10 years now. One rate increase the whole time. 30 to 35 bucks.

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #38  
My dad has a flip phone. Doesn’t have a clue what is going on in his 15 grandchildren’s life. Can’t get pictures on his flip phone. Oh well. Staying connected and making an impact on the life of young people must be a good thing. Maybe he didn’t have anything to contribute anyway. There are a ton of good reasons to have an iPhone.

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #39  
Me and my wife went a step further and got rid of the stupid cell phones completely. We use a landline at home.
its crazy how the averaged consumer spend on entertainments a month, $80 phone bill, $16 nexflix, $15 disney plus, $10 spotify, $100 dish TV

That $320 a month $3840 a year its crazy... the average subscriber pays for five different subscriptions each month.

edit: I forgot $100 for internet.

Last edited:
   / Anyone go back to a flip phone? #40  
its crazy how the averaged consumer spend on entertainments a month, $80 phone bill, $16 nexflix, $15 disney plus, $10 spotify, $100 dish TV

That $220 a month $2650 a year its crazy... the average subscriber pays for five different subscriptions each month.
I guess I'm a tightwad. We do pay a cell phone bill, but I consider it necessary as we have no landline. No charge for Netflix. It is paid by my cell phone company. We don't pay for OTA TV and don't have any other subscriptions other than internet service.
Years ago we had Directv and cut that money waster long ago.
I chuckle when I hear people say that they they are a cord cutter and then spend as much money on iptv subscriptions.