Anyone go back to a flip phone?

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I just read an article that a number of people are returning to the flip phone to simplify their life and the demands on. Anyone here do it?

We would love to find a flip phone that takes a good photo because that, and a few calls, is all we use it for. Flip phone are easier to carry, cheaper to use and take rural abuse better. Why not? Anyone else wonder about this?

Last edited:
   / Anyone go back to a flip phone? #2  
Samsung has a new flip phone that we were looking at. I don't think it's exactly what you are looking for because it is a full screen smart phone just made into a flip phone.

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #4  
Yeah I noticed recently an ad for a flip phone that emphasized they also take pictures. Consumer cellular offers one that has a 5MP Camera with Single Flash LED, WiFi connectivity (2.4Ghz), GPS and lets you browse, Email and use maps Like a smartphone. For $69.
But their cheapest smart phone is only $89.

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #5  
Mom would like to go back to a flip phone because her smart phone is to complicated for her.
So yesterday I was looking at flip phones at Walmart, AT&T seemed to have the best deal, she is currently on Verizon.
Myself pretty satisfied with iPhone but they sure are much easer to drop than any flip phone, I’ve dropped my iPhone way more times than I ever dropped flip phones in all the years I had them. I’m actually amazed that my iPhone still works.

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #6  
I've never had anything but a flip phone. Mine's an LG I paid maybe $15 for 3-4 years ago at Walmart or Dollar General. Amazon seems to have a decent selection, good thing since I have no interest in a smart phone.
Mine's a prepaid "burner", I use Tracfone for service (they're owned by Verizon, so they likely use their network).

It does what I need it to do, voice quality seems to be as good as any other cellphone (I know that's not saying much), no one's going to confuse a picture taken with it with one taken on a real camera, but that's not a big deal. If I want to do anything else online I'd rather use a real computer with (1) a screen you can see and (2) a keyboard & mouse. Don't know how anyone with large hands can do anything on those dinky little smart phone screens.

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #7  
I never gave up our flip phones - we just need a phone for emergencies when away from home, not a mini computer. Had to upgrade our flip with Verizon 2 years ago when they dropped 3g - they sold us a TCL for $30 and it has worked VERY well as a phone and yes, it does have a camera in it that works just fine the very few times we want one.

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #8  
My sister in-law just got my mother in-law a new flip phone for Christmas. As usual, she hands her mom new tech and walks away. It's January 13 and mom still doesn't know how to use it.

It looked simple and sturdy. Don't know the make and model.

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #9  
I saw one n the Verizon store the last time I was there. The price was higher than a smart phone.