Anyone go back to a flip phone?

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #11  
I never left the flip phone. I've been told a dozen times or more "you need a smart phone". I don't think so. I've tried manipulating other people's smart phones and just don't like them. Too slippery for me, and I can't seem to hold one without touching a button somewhere that messes things up. My hands are rarely clean enough to keep from getting grease, oil, and/or dirt all over the screen. Just not for me.

The only real drawback to to my flip phone is the screen is too small. People send me photos of something they have problems with or questions about and I can't make much out on the small screen. I have to ask them to Email photos so I can view them on a computer screen. Other than that, the flip phone suits my needs.

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #12  
Always have been on a Flip Phone....AT&T....cost me about $112 per year for use. Fits so nicely in the tool pocket of my dungarees....which is what I wear 99% of the time....and never falls out ...even working or running the tractor.

P.S. Have y'all ever noticed how the smart phone folks seem obligated to show you their pictures....which they search and search for :rolleyes: ?

Cheers,
Mike

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone?
Does any flip phone have the photo quality of a cell phone?

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone?
Does anyone make a quality little camera that's tiny and I could carry just for photos?

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #15  
Always have been on a Flip Phone....AT&T....cost me about $112 per year for use. Fits so nicely in the tool pocket of my dungarees....which is what I wear 99% of the time....and never falls out ...even working or running the tractor.

P.S. Have y'all ever noticed how the smart phone folks seem obligated to show you their pictures....which they search and search for :rolleyes: ?

Cheers,
Mike
Smart phone folks? You mean non boomers?
tip, iPhone photos are searchable. Open you photo app and type in a description of pic and it will pop up photos. Let’s say you took a photo of a frog. Just type frog in and all photos with frogs that you have come up. Also, you can edit pics and put a name associated with it, then you can easily retrieve it. Tips for when you have thousands of pics on your phone. The phone truly is smart, smarter than some can deal with.

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #16  
I just read an article that a number of people are returning to the flip phone to simplify their life and the demands on. Anyone here do it?

We would love to find a flip phone that takes a good photo because that, and a few calls, is all we use it for. Flip phone are easier to carry, cheaper to use and take rural abuse better. Why not? Anyone else wonder about this?

So people can't control themselves with a modern smartphone? Sad really. Just delete all of the apps, keep messaging and phone only.

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #17  
I never left the flip phone. I've been told a dozen times or more "you need a smart phone". I don't think so. I've tried manipulating other people's smart phones and just don't like them. Too slippery for me, and I can't seem to hold one without touching a button somewhere that messes things up. My hands are rarely clean enough to keep from getting grease, oil, and/or dirt all over the screen. Just not for me.

The only real drawback to to my flip phone is the screen is too small. People send me photos of something they have problems with or questions about and I can't make much out on the small screen. I have to ask them to Email photos so I can view them on a computer screen. Other than that, the flip phone suits my needs.
If only there was a small computer with a screen you could pack around with you…

between my iPhone and i pad i have no computer. Matter of fact if you put me on a windows computer I’d be like 70 yo trying to navigate a smartphone. I started on windows back in the 90’s but ditched them years ago. I run my whole biz off a iPad/iphone. Crazy times.

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #19  
i want a flip phone with a rotary dial
Maybe some of us are not really retarded.........but just so old that our eyes (AMD), fingers and patience are just about worn out.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Anyone go back to a flip phone? #20  
I had flip phones from 1990 to 2023.
It finally broke down and the lovely Mrs Yanmar bought an Apple I phone mini as a gift for me.
I must say that it is slippery, so she bought me an otter box for it, that fixed the problem.
She even spent hours showing me how it works. Im Happy so far...