Anyone else have one of these attachments?

/ Anyone else have one of these attachments? #11  
A sweeper works best on a flat, hard surface. They are somewhat less effective on grass or similar. The vegetation holds onto the needles.

Imagine using a hand broom versus a hand rake. It is the same concept.

/ Anyone else have one of these attachments? #12  
I've got one on my 'list'. Trying to determine if I can sell enough pine straw to break even.
We took the horses to H.Cooper Black in SC. They were baling pine straw while I was there. They had tractor trailer loads of the stuff. No clue how profitable it is, but a lot of it was shipped somewhere. They were using mostly manual labor with a box baler.

Last edited:
   / Anyone else have one of these attachments? #13  
I have 100% Ponderosa pines. The long needles get chopped up - each time I mow the lawns. So.... I really don't worry about them. Come spring they have all mulched into the ground.

/ Anyone else have one of these attachments? #14  
Landscape will mound up white pine needles but it also collects some dirt. This is under trees where is no grass. On grass the lawn mower chews them up.

/ Anyone else have one of these attachments? #15  
I have 100% Ponderosa pines. The long needles get chopped up - each time I mow the lawns. So.... I really don't worry about them. Come spring they have all mulched into the ground.
Yup, that works. I'm trying to collect them for use in the flower beds, it'll save me quite a few bales and get me some seat time.