Anyone else ever do this?

/ Anyone else ever do this? #1  

Rick Jay

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910, also Honda HT3813 with mower and front blade.
Hi,

About a week ago I was typing a response to a post, a very detailed one I might add, and when I was done typing I was moving the mouse to get the cursor over the "Continue" button but just before it got there my over-anxious "trigger finger" clicked on the "Clear Form" button instead. It was all gone. I tried a couple of things, but didn't find a way to get my text back. Seeing as it was late at night, I said "The heck with it" and went to bed.

Has anyone else done this, or is this an illness attributable to "high hp/acre disease"?

If others have done this too, maybe the two selections could be separated by a bit more space on the "posting page" ?

Just curious if anyone else has accidently cleared out a post.

Take care,

~Rick

/ Anyone else ever do this? #2  
CTL A, CTL C = "Cheap Typing Insurance."

I never did exactly what you did, but have botched and lost posts of varying lengths. I know the feeling when 15-30 minutes of thought and typing goes "poof."

You can keep a cheap insurance policy on your work by using the CTL A key combination to select all of the text on the page. Then, hit CTL C, which will copy it into memory.

If, God forbid, you "lose" the text in the message box or otherwise, you can easily open a new post box, and hit CTL V and it will dump in the text.

Try working with these keys a few times, and you'll see how easy it is. I always start copying when I get more than 2-3 paragraphs, or just have the feeling that I wouldn't want to "start over."

Hope this helps.

BobT.

A Indiana Boy

/ Anyone else ever do this? #3  
Rick...

Yes, that is one of the worst feelings! If I go over about a paragraph I usually copy it to the clipboard or use another program to type it out, then copy and paste into the message field.

msig.gif