Anybody use "picklist"

/ Anybody use "picklist" #1  

David Wayne

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
Kroger, and now Walmart has it. The wife is making out her list to give it a try. How do you like it? Do you let them pick out
meat, or produce like bananas. Anything to avoid. And do you "tip", if so how much is normal.
Thanks.

/ Anybody use "picklist" #2  
Not offer in our area yet,really don't like the thoughts someone else selecting my eats.

/ Anybody use "picklist" #3  
It's available here but I don't / won't use it. Like Thomas, I want to be the one picking my food items.

/ Anybody use "picklist"
We used it yesterday, thumbs up. Most of what we buy isn't something you need to select. Milk, coffee, pasta, paper products ect. Will do it again, fifteen minutes from the time we pulled in we were done and leaving with a couple hundred dollars in groceries. Shoot I have spent that long in the checkout line.

/ Anybody use "picklist" #5  
We have used it and I LOVE IT. I hate grocery shopping. As far as meat products, I usually pick out my steaks at a local meat market. Nice thing is if they don't have the item they will upgrade you to a larger size. We don't use it often, big thumbs up from me.

/ Anybody use "picklist" #6  
The problem I have with WalMart (perhaps it is just my store) is their product takes a beating. Dented cans, toilet paper that looks like they sat on it, etc.

Sometimes I feel like I am shopping at a scratch and dent surplus store.

I don't like waiting to check out either so I go very early with all the old ladies. :laughing:

/ Anybody use "picklist" #7  
No. Only thing I but at Walmart is hunting license and shotgun shells; the Federal 100 12G packs are decent for trap range.

If they carried more US made items I might shop there.

My cousin in Texas like doing the online order to HEB.

/ Anybody use "picklist" #8  
I use this type of service for grocery shopping.

I do not use it for anything that requires opinion, i.e. fruit, vegetables, meats, etc.

But anything else it is awesome.

I do tip, but I tip everybody. They seem very appreciative of a few bucks.

/ Anybody use "picklist" #9  
Not offer in our area yet,really don't like the thoughts someone else selecting my eats.

Can't imagine it will ever be offered here, but like you said, I'd prefer to do my own food shopping. I'm kind of fussy, especially with produce, I also like to check the markdown bins.

I can imagine that grocery delivery might make sense to city dwellers who need to rely on public transportation, or with others who don't drive but I can't see it catching on with the public at large. Even in cities, it seems like it would be kind of a pain co-ordinating deliveries to when the customers were at home, especially in multi-story buildings where you need to be buzzed in the front door.

ISTR a number of supermarket chains (including Hannaford here in New England) instituting home delivery services in the late 90s/early 00s. For one reason or another, none were very successful.

/ Anybody use "picklist" #10  
Avaialable here but like others have said I like to pick my own food plus we never buy meat from supermarkets as they pack it on plastic wrapped trays and often what looks nice has a lot of crud under the top layer or is carefully folded under to hide excessive fat etc.
Tipping doesn't happen here either but can be acceptable with wait staff if service is exceptional.