Anybody still use CB's?

/ Anybody still use CB's? #31  
I keep a CB in everything that might pull a trailer for long-distance trips. Pretty much only used when there's an accident or other road blockage to get a handle on which lane I want to be in to get through the fastest (or the detours the big trucks are taking). I'll usually turn up the squelch & only dial it down when something is happening on the road. Have used a few times to let big trucks know they're dragging chains, have trailer brakes burning up or overheated bearings, torn tarps, etc. Woke up a few as well when they started drifting.

Seems a lot of truckers do the same thing since there's times that it's almost impossible to raise anyone. Between cheap, available radar/laser detectors & cell phone apps that show speed traps, the bear reports are minimal compared to the seventies. I don’t miss the ratchet jaws from those days.
I thought a lot of trucking companies did not allow their drivers to use or keep CB radios in the cab, anymore? Last few times I was in a vehicle with a CB radio, it was awful quiet, compared to the old days.

/ Anybody still use CB's? #32  
I thought a lot of trucking companies did not allow their drivers to use or keep CB radios in the cab, anymore? Last few times I was in a vehicle with a CB radio, it was awful quiet, compared to the old days.
All I do and mostly what I see other truckers do is wear a blue parrot when behind the wheel. I keep mine blue toothed to the phone, but I’ll also listen to a little talk radio in one ear, too. I wear mine in the farm tractor and keep my walkie talkie close at hand when I have another tractor operating in the field.

/ Anybody still use CB's? #33  
In the old days, finding a clear channel meant you were way out in the boonies. CB was almost worthless. Now that the yahoos are all texting on their cell phones, CB is actually useful.

/ Anybody still use CB's? #34  
In the old days, finding a clear channel meant you were way out in the boonies. CB was almost worthless. Now that the yahoos are all texting on their cell phones, CB is actually useful.
If there's anyone in range to hear your call out?

/ Anybody still use CB's? #35  
When I'm on the interstates, I've got the cb on to know what's going on. Lot quieter than the day of old! Still plenty of the "big" skip stations blasting through!