Anybody have a Magnatrac?

/ Anybody have a Magnatrac? #1  

Larry Caldwell

Tractor
Kubota l3130
I ran across a Magnatrac the other day, and was astonished to see they are still in business. I remember seeing Magnatrac crawlers at the state fair 40 years ago. In those days, tractors were big iron, and the Magnatrac looked like a toy. The world has changed.

/ Anybody have a Magnatrac? #2  
I'm fairly certain there are a few owners here on TBN. You may want to do a search and see what's been discussed. :thumbsup:

/ Anybody have a Magnatrac? #3  
Have one for doing work in places that would otherwise require me to take a shovel. It can get into the darndest little places between trees or on top of a narrow berm. The attachments are hard to find in a used sale and I was fortunate to get one that had darn near everything except the post hole digger.

The one thing I do not like is the tippy feeling of the short tracked wheel base. Keep your implements as low as you can and be very mindful of the center of gravity on one of these things. Even with the hydraulic speedboost, my Magnatrac is slow as January molasses but that is easily remedied by putting it in the back of the pickup or trailer and letting Mr. Cummins do the driving instead of the little Kohler engine.

I consider it my poor excuse for a Bobcat. I toy with the idea of selling it to get something "more capable", but I find that for my purposes, my "self-propelled trackbarrow" is very useful in its niche.

/ Anybody have a Magnatrac? #4  
I am in the mountains, and do not find my Magnatrac 7000 tippy at all. I use the backhoe as an adjustable counterweight. Great machine; but 100% agree about it being slowwwwww

/ Anybody have a Magnatrac? #5  
I have 2 mh5000 magnatracs. Properly ballasted, no tippy feelings... Though it does take some getting used to the see saw feeling tgat tracked machines have. Unfamiliar, not unstable.

Great machines, i don't feel like they are slow, they just do everything in one of two very low gears. I have 2 ditchwitch trailers for moving these (and other) relatively slow machines to their task.

/ Anybody have a Magnatrac? #6  
The new MH4900 and MH8500’s use tandem piston pump technology. Using this allows for a greater speed than the old MH5000s etc.

/ Anybody have a Magnatrac? #7  
I just bought a used MD750 hydro with a loader, tooth bar, harrow, ballast box and a ripper and grousers. It has the rear piston and hitch, 34 hours on it, the little industrial Kohler purrs like a kitten. great shape, I bought it from a machine shop that did some upgrades.. First thing I replaced was the seat and extended the control sticks to bring them up a bit. I'll get some pictures of it..

/ Anybody have a Magnatrac? #8  
Been a long time since I've posted, I have an 01 4500 with Kohler engine, trenching hoe, 6 way plow blade and loader bucket.

Bought it used in 2011 & this lil guy has more than earned its keep, momma and I just bought a fixer upper ranch and I was on the magnatrac yesterday, moved tons of old overgrown landscape, dug out several stumps and trenches a 60 ft ditch for my underground utilities.

Our other house I used this machine and I'm telling you it's a valuable tool.....expensive but I've done small to large jobs with it, I dont advertise, mostly around the house stuff - at our new place I have a large kidney shaped in ground pool that is beyond repair - just started demo on it, combination of demo hammer, concrete saw and magnatrac......my dad (76 yrs) has large JD crawlers and he borrows mine from time to time, great machine.....! I would buy another!

/ Anybody have a Magnatrac? #10  
Here is mine..

Attachments

• dozer1.jpg
    dozer1.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 812
  • dozer2.jpg
    dozer2.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 931