any toro groundsmaster fans on here?

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #451  
Last night I went ahead and ordered the 3/8" accu-link belt off Amazon. I went down and measured the pulleys and they are 3/8". I didn't want to tackle taking off the PTO belt without replacing it. At the present time it is working fine with zero slippage. I decided to keep the other new belt and will install it when the PTO belt needs replacing. Thanks for the help gentlemen. I really appreciate it. Still love my Groundsmaster.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #452  
Just an update. The linked belt works fine. No issues thus far. I do have a question.

My mower pulls really hard in thick grass. I have to slow down. No belt slippage. My son who works at a local golf course runs a couple of Groundsmasters. They have replaced their high lift mulching blades for conventional blades. He says they pull easier. Anyone here have any direct experience with this issue? Thanks in advance.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #453  
Time to replace the tires on my 325D Groundsmaster. The tires on it had been filled with foam and have developed a flat spot... bumpety, bumpety, bump. I use my machine to clear snow from my asphalt driveway, and probably not ever much else, though I really enjoy seeing what Xfaxman has done with his! I use rubber tire chains for traction and to keep from tearing up my asphalt. (Rubber Tire (Snow) Chains - Traction without damage.) A couple of questions:

1) which tires would you recommend I get? Currently have turf tires.
2) anyone have them filled? Foam? Beet juice? I've got an Ag Tire Dealer within 50 miles and thinking about having them do the work.
3) ? Please help me understand everything I don't know here :)

Thanks!

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #454  
I would probably see if you can get something with a more ATV type tread such as the Carlisle All Trail II. That has a more aggressive tread like an ATV would and should grab well in the snow. It should also not tear up your lawn unless you're spinning tires in which case (if you have chains on) you're going to mess up the lawn anyways.
As for loading or foam filling, you could do that but I'm not sure if weight-wise it will make an appreciable difference.

Aaron Z

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #455  
I would probably see if you can get something with a more ATV type tread such as the Carlisle All Trail II. That has a more aggressive tread like an ATV would and should grab well in the snow. It should also not tear up your lawn unless you're spinning tires in which case (if you have chains on) you're going to mess up the lawn anyways.
As for loading or foam filling, you could do that but I'm not sure if weight-wise it will make an appreciable difference.

Aaron Z

Thanks Aaron - I'll look at the Carlisle - that's the brand on the machine now 23 x 8.5 x 12nhs. I'll have to weigh the tires - but guessing 30-40lbs filled. Mileage will not be the issue, neither will puncture concerns. I think I might need new rims as these have some big dents and dings. The Cozy Cab is pretty heavy, but I'll be adding more weight to the back (steering) end because the weight of the thrower will bring the steering end wheels off the ground on a small incline.

View attachment 572971

Sorry for photo quality, but you can see I use double rubber tire chains - they work great on snow and ice. My GSD operator in training is at the wheel - hoping he can start doing the snow clearing this winter...

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #456  
Here is a link to their page for them: All Trail - All Trail II Tire
The tread:
carlisle-all-trail-tread.jpg

I suspect that with those you won't need your chains for the first year at least. We had them on a cart (like a large golf cart) and even well worn they did decently in the snow (as well as a 2wd cart could be expected to do in the snow anyway).

Aaron Z

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #457  
Went ahead and ordered a set of regular lift blades to replace the gator blades on my mower. Hope to get them this week. I will report if they do indeed pull easier than the gator blades. Grass is settling into fall mode and tough as nails to cut clean now.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #458  
Perspective 325d owner here. I�・ looking at one with a leaf blower attached, deluxe seat, and rear weights. The issue is the 72 sd deck is rotted to death. Spindles and assorted hardware looks to be in good shape. There are actually two decks that come with the sale, but both are blown out.

However, I have found two newer toro deck shells on Craigslist locally. There are no model numbers on them, so I am relying on pictures to see if they are compatible with the perspective 325 decks I may be purchasing. Can anyone help me ID these decks please? Are they even for a groundsmaster? The newer one has some kind of bolt on lip for the front that is missing. My plan is to swap all hardware over from the bad decks to the good ones. Thank you for any help you can provide.

9490B634-5685-4A31-A1FE-42A4EF555AC3.jpeg

A71CDB6F-CDCD-4161-A9D4-D413228A984E.jpeg

DEB453A3-26A7-414E-8AC5-4F8F03F53D75.jpeg

90DC7FE7-320F-4B70-90D1-96E8F52FFE2A.jpeg

4F1582B9-C0BB-4AF7-A35D-F7B5F7AF4A6D.jpeg

A0332F05-6C33-410F-B594-9DB5B2605445.jpeg

B15639C2-4D9D-4B03-B0A6-2701EDFF76BC.jpeg

The decks that come with the groundsmaster purchase appear to be a newer style with a gauge wheel in the middle mounted on the front lip. I didn稚 take a picture of them but found one online that looks the same. They are also sd decks.

BBCA63B9-E89E-44E3-A013-CD0C2E6DDCC4.jpeg

From just looking at the bolt patterns, it appears they may work, but I致e never owned one of these before and don稚 want to get stuck with a bunch of steel I can稚 use.

424E53DB-E8DB-4594-8DF9-6BCA72C8A79C.jpeg

D9207CEE-98B8-4474-82D3-09C39039122A.jpeg

This 325 I知 looking at is 4wd. Can anyone tell me if it has the optional full time 4wd coupling or if this is just a standard overrunning clutch arrangement? Thank you.

/ any toro groundsmaster fans on here? #460  
3052C00E-6CA6-48A0-8803-E70B3376F8C8.jpegF8356185-752D-4FAE-8142-A3574408A859.jpeg

We still have 3 Groundsmasters around here, a 345 with a Peco Bagger and JRCO dethatcher for fall leaves and spring clean up, another 345 non power steering for mowing around here and the McKee snowblower and the 325D ( having new bearings and shaft refurbishment) for large area/rough lawn mowing and the broom attachment in winter.
We run regular old chains for traction but in winter they are mostly on paved or gravel areas.