Any suggestions on a camera?

/ Any suggestions on a camera? #41  
B500 Uses AA batteries, no dedicated ISO settings button nor any shutter or aperture dials that I see.

What tends to happen is that when point and shoot cameras encounter low light, they automatically drop the shutter speed to compensate resulting in a blurry picture or the colors get mushy.

Fixed lens limits your choices of lens for different situations. 1080p not 4k video. 1/2.3 sensor with 16 MP resolution instead of a larger APSC sensor which will do better in low light. Has a 3 inch LCD rear display, but they don't list the resolution and I doubt it's a touch screen.

Z50 is more money, but has a rechargeable battery, dedicated ISO control, front and rear command dials to control aperture and shutter, touch screen rear display (excellent BTW), ASPC sensor, accepts other Z lenses, 4k video is awesome, has animal eye detect AF, 20 MP sensor.

I'd suggest comparing them in the store, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Z50 is more compact with the lens closed.

Great info for people in the photo community, but I'm thinking the OP just wants a camera. I understand because we have all been there.

I have a buddy that loves taking pictures. He comes to me for advice but does not understand aperture, shutter speed, and ISO so it falls on deaf ears.

His solution is to keep buying better cameras. I tell him, shoot in RAW and get the focus right. We can fix the other stuff. Once in a while he poops out a keeper.