Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely?

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #61  
I would cut that top side to get rid of that hanging root ball just to get it out of the way. Then I would be cutting on the trunk in at least 2 locations testing which way the pressures are, ALWAYS keeping my body on the side that other trees are blocking for me.

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #62  
One thing to watch out with the root balls. Once the trunk is cut, it can plop back into the hole pretty fast with quite a bit of force.

Locally after a Tornado came through the area, someone lost their kid to a root ball during clean up.

Make sure animals and people are well away from one before cutting the tree.

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #63  
Bucking’ Billy Ray Smith, is sawyer in British Columbia, who has YouTube channel. He explained how to work this kind of mess a year or so back. You could search his videos and find the episode.

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #64  
The members that called this a widow maker are correct; they are called widow makers for a reason. I would try to get a rope around the tree as close to the top as possible (use a bag to throw over; do not climb). I would then try to pull the rope with the hope of getting it on the ground. I would pull with my tractor from safe distance. If I did not use my tractor I would use a heavy-duty come along.

I would not cut the tree until the top is on the ground. Even then be careful as the root ball may quickly fall back into the hole

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #65  
redman135 hit it. I think by digger he means excavator. Large excavator with thumb should be safe and reasonable easy. You should be able to lift the trunk to take most of the load off the split and root ball, cut that carefully and then pull the tree out the other trees. Depending on the excavator you may can lift the tree clear of the trees it is caught in to pull it clear of them.

I have a five ton excavator with thumb and have been able to do so safely with it on trees maybe 20 inches in diameter.

Another possible option is logger's skidder.

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #67  
lol yeah $1500 to remove a tree in a forest no big deal ... must be nice having that kind of cash...
I can agree that may not be money well spent, then it depends on what is around the tree. If cattle and it feel killing a couple, oh well. But if it were to fall on a person who was not aware of the danger...
It just depends on what is reasonable to happen around it.

/ Any suggestions how to get this tree on the ground safely? #68  
Just fasten a chain aroun the trunk just above where you cut it, before you cut it. Cut the stump off. Be clear around stump because it may want to lay back down. Then when cutting limbs, only cut 3/4, don't try to cut them off. Let it ease itself down. Stay out from under main trunk. Always good to have two saws in case one gets pinched, you can cut near it and get it loose with the other one.