Any pricing yet on the new E tractors?

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #21  
Electric may be the future. I like the idea of electric cars due to their performance. But, I also like the idea of nitro-methane dragsters for the same reason. I own/drive neither.

For some idea as to the real cost of EVs (possibly, electric tractors as well), meaning the cost to EVERYONE, not just the EV owner/operator, see:

This article:

And, the actual study:

Otherwise, there's this chart:

1700029396584.png

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #22  
I was at the CNH dealership on Monday. No word on price, availability maybe 1st quarter 2024.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors?
Seems like a guy could order one now… in fact I thought a month ago they said they were taking orders. How do you order something without knowing the cost?

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #25  
I recently read an article and Ford is now saying they are going to scale back their electric vehicle production because they are not going to meet goals, and now go back to focusing on hybrids. Now that makes more sense!

Which makes me think, why don't these tractor manufacturers focus on that also. You know, make them like a mining haul truck....use a smaller diesel engine with electric drive motors to multiply your rim pull.
That way we can have a big tractor with a non DPF 26 horsepower motor that has to do nothing but turn a generator to power electric drive motors at each wheel.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #26  
Paystar
I am not real familiar with mine haul trucks but I suspect they use full power at reduced speed when climbing out of the mine and far less power when going back into mine unloaded.

Large farm tractors doing field work require close to full power for extended periods of time like 12 plus hours before refuel is required With little break in power demand. Not sure how hybrid would work in this environment.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #27  
Paystar
I am not real familiar with mine haul trucks but I suspect they use full power at reduced speed when climbing out of the mine and far less power when going back into mine unloaded.

Large farm tractors doing field work require close to full power for extended periods of time like 12 plus hours before refuel is required With little break in power demand. Not sure how hybrid would work in this environment.
Ya, I'm not an engineer, so there must be a reason why no one has done it.

But hey, if the snowflakes can dream that electric everything will work, I can have my diesel electric dreams, LOL

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #28  
Did I read that article correctly when it said the tractor will follow someone who is walking and stop when the person gets too close or signals the tractor to stop?

Yeah...no thanks. I've drilled into my kids for years to never be directly in front or behind a tractor or other piece of equipment that is moving, and only when it's stopped and the operator clearly knows you're there (like hooking up something on the 3pt hitch).

That's an accident waiting to happen.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #29  
4 hours operating time, you gotta be kidding me. better have a portable gas fired genny on the 3 point to charge it up..
Sounds just right to me. 4 hours run time advertised means it will go 2 hours when brand new, then drop to 1 hour after the first year, then 20 minutes in winter.

The average SCUT owner only puts on 50 hours a year. That's less than an hour per week.

Homeowners should be forced into buying electric SCUTs. Its good for them.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #30  
Here's a little info on a new toy:that everyone would want???????
1700159760018.png

PriceStarts at $88,998*
Peak Motor Power70 hp
Drive Train4 Wheel Drive
Charge PortJ1772 Type 1 (up to 80 A)
PTO Power40 hp
3-Point HitchCAT I/II
willy