Ants!

/ Ants! #11  
Like they said Terro works great. They take it back to their nest and it kills the queen.You just have to be patient.If you want to make your own baits it's just boraxo soap and sugar. I have had a war with carpenter ants for the last 2 years.The little buggers are starting again this past week!

Attachments

• image-119460073.jpg
    image-119460073.jpg
    692 KB · Views: 134
   / Ants! #12  
Terro :thumbsup:

I have used this and it is extremely effective.
I believe it to be relatively safe as it's main ingredient is boric acid.
Hard to say what kind of ants you have or if it will work, but given the circumstances, there is no good reason not to try it. As I recall 3-4 dollars will get you enough to last the rest of your life.

/ Ants! #13  
The barrel in the bottom of our garden which has daffodils in it gets infested by ants every year, and this year will no doubt be the same.

They always go away in winter though and the flowers come back up in spring, so I'm tempted to just let nature take its course again.

/ Ants! #14  
If you found where they are entering on the outside, track them back to their home and apply poison. They were in my in laws kitchen. I tracked them to a window in the back of the house. Outside they were coming around the edge of the house to the front, then down to the porch, across the yard from the far side of a flower garden. If you find their home that is the best way.

/ Ants! #15  
All you need to know is fipronil. Follow directions on a simple perimiter spray an no more ants.

/ Ants! #17  
Got ants get Diatomaceous Earth, I bought a 40# bag of the food grade due to pets and use it everywhere and it was only $18 at the coop.

Diatomaceous Earth
This really works on all ectoskelatal invaders. The sharp crystals invade joints and shreds them apart after they track through it. Totally safe to pets/children and the environment.

/ Ants! #18  
Smallplot said:
I use Ortho Home Defense Max Spray and spray a line around the entire concrete foundation.

Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Ortho Bug B Gon and Ortho Home Defense Max both use the same kick butt active ingredient, just in different concentrations.

Bifenthrin has a very long residual so it will keep on killing.

I use it in a pull behind sprayer, with my lawn mower, and just ride around the house and outbuildings...putting down a ring of DOOM for all insects that trespass. :laughing:

/ Ants! #19  
Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Ortho Bug B Gon and Ortho Home Defense Max both use the same kick butt active ingredient, just in different concentrations.

Bifenthrin has a very long residual so it will keep on killing.

I use it in a pull behind sprayer, with my lawn mower, and just ride around the house and outbuildings...putting down a ring of DOOM for all insects that trespass. :laughing:

A little off topic here Nevada, how is that water tank working on your BX for you?

/ Ants! #20  
It's about that time of year again. For the last 3 years or so, beginning sometime in May, we are infested with a small brown ant (sorry, never thought to take a close-up for ID). They have confined themselves to our kitchen, but no amount of house-keeping will seem to keep them out. Various ant traps have not been successful.
I'm hesitant to use any pesticides, but might have to if it continues.

Any thoughts?

Corn meal.