Antifreeze/diesel

/ Antifreeze/diesel #1  

basstracker2060

Tractor
ford 1620
Just got a 1992 Ford 1620 3cyl diesel I want to change the antifreeze. I have access to CAT diesel antifreeze premixed and concentrated, also regular automotive antifreeze, opinions appreciated Thanks

/ Antifreeze/diesel #2  
Use whatever the manual Specs for it. Given the potential for different metals in the cooling system, you dont want something in the coolant that reacts badly or sets up galvanic reactions. My 2 cents.

/ Antifreeze/diesel #3  
Welcome to TBN. Determine what antifreeze base is required. "Back in the day" it was always ethylene glycol based. Now some of it is propylene glycol based as it is supposed to be less toxic. The differences between brands are generally just colorings or additives. Prestone and some others even sell antifreeze which is supposed to be compatible with all systems. So, as Alex advised, check the manual. If you get the kind you mix with water be sure to use distilled water to prevent introduction of minerals into the system.

/ Antifreeze/diesel #4  
Use the CAT anti-freeze. It will be scrupulously formulated to satisfy the requirements of all diesels. Some diesel designs need anti cavitation additives for long life. CAT will definitely have that covered.