another hiccup to going solar?

/ another hiccup to going solar? #191  
   / another hiccup to going solar? #192  
I got a system being installed on the 15th. Supposedly it will totally eliminate my electric bill as I over shot the system a bit. We will see on that. 10kw system. I got them doing a 200 amp service upgrade and they’re running 240 out to my garage. I financed that into the loan and I can get 30% tax credit in that too so I figured why not. Fingers crossed…………
What is your average monthly usage? ANd how many kwh/month is the system supposed to produce?

Hopefully you have been in contact with your power company and not just trusting the solar installer/sales pitch with regards to having a $0 bill.

I am curious for future feedback in the months to come and if you do end up with a $0 or next to nothing bill, that would be great for you

/ another hiccup to going solar? #193  
Here is a
Momentary snapshot of power generation and use.
7.5kh solar array that generates just short of 9 mega-watt-hours per year.
1707151398391.png

/ another hiccup to going solar? #194  
Sometimes solar isn’t the best option for some peoples situation but for my household it makes perfect sense. We live on top of a mountain and don’t use air conditioning at all. We don’t need it. We also get a ton of snow and we are the last on the power line. We lose power quite often. So, I installed 20 solar panels (5kw ) along with all the necessary equipment, inverter, batteries, charge controller etc. I just ordered 20 more panels to run wifeys hot tub and to make us completely grid free.
We also have a very nice creek on our property so I installed a micro hydro system that produces around 1.8kw continuous.
This system completely powers our not so efficient house even in the dead of winter. I installed a Mrcool 5 ton inverter heat pump and I also use a wood / coal stove in the basement.

/ another hiccup to going solar? #195  
Sometimes solar isn’t the best option for some peoples situation but for my household it makes perfect sense. We live on top of a mountain and don’t use air conditioning at all. We don’t need it. We also get a ton of snow and we are the last on the power line. We lose power quite often. So, I installed 20 solar panels (5kw ) along with all the necessary equipment, inverter, batteries, charge controller etc. I just ordered 20 more panels to run wifeys hot tub and to make us completely grid free.
We also have a very nice creek on our property so I installed a micro hydro system that produces around 1.8kw continuous.
This system completely powers our not so efficient house even in the dead of winter. I installed a Mrcool 5 ton inverter heat pump and I also use a wood / coal stove in the basement.
Would love to see pictures...

Those off grid always make me think of the pioneers that settled the frontier...

/ another hiccup to going solar? #196  
Would love to see pictures...

Those off grid always make me think of the pioneers that settled the frontier...
Here is my weir I built and the coanda box to catch the water. Also two of my 5 solar arrays and the battery bank. For some reason Indont have a good pic of my inverter/ solar charger etc..
and a pic of the house which isn’t exactly frontier roughing it but it is out I. The country and secluded

Attachments

• IMG_2461.jpeg
    IMG_2461.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1566.jpeg
    IMG_1566.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1247.jpeg
    IMG_1247.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0812.jpeg
    IMG_0812.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0596.jpeg
    IMG_0596.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
   / another hiccup to going solar? #197  
funny seeing those. if you were to divert a natural stream out our way and put something like that, youd be fined and probably tossed in jail.

we had a good friend that simply tried to use some stream water to irrigate a small patch of field. was fined. how they determined this i have no clue.

/ another hiccup to going solar? #198  
My cousin's husband had a working mill with mill pond on the farm in first class order... goes back to when his grandfather did milling for local farmers and then his father.

The last time I visited I wanted to see it again... all gone.

A tree fell and did some damage but the reason it is no longer there is people kept trespassing to see it and my cousin's husband got tired of that...it really was magnificent...

Last edited:
   / another hiccup to going solar? #199  
funny seeing those. if you were to divert a natural stream out our way and put something like that, youd be fined and probably tossed in jail.

we had a good friend that simply tried to use some stream water to irrigate a small patch of field. was fined. how they determined this i have no clue.
I researched it throughly beforehand. It is a non navigable waterway that dries in the summer so no aquatic life and we actually own the water rights for years back to boot.

/ another hiccup to going solar? #200  

I have two streams at my property in Arkansas, the state says I can use up to one acre foot of water per year with no permits required.