Animal stealing dog toys???

/ Animal stealing dog toys??? #11  
Zerk - no, fortunately, I did not see it. However - I CERTAINLY heard it and saw the remains.

I understand - coyotes and all other wildlife have a right to be here. Maybe even more than I do. It's just - coyotes will always be coyotes and nothing will ever change that.

I have a little brown Cocker Spaniel now - Brownie. He has learned about coyotes. We go out for a walk on my property( 80 acres). He will NEVER get much more that 50 feet ahead of me. He will stop and wait for me to catch up to him.

I hear a coyote call - Brownie will be sitting right at my feet.

This is the way it has to be - if I want to keep a dog.

You want to hear a really gross story. I had two Australian Blue Healers. I think they REALLY hated coyotes. At night they would go out and HUNT coyotes and kill them.

Late one night - wild screaming in the front yard. Stubby and Trek( the two Blue Healers ) had caught a coyote in the yard. They proceeded to disembowel and eat the coyote. This was such a viscous engagement - I though better of going out and trying to stop it. I was always a bit leery of these two dogs.

/ Animal stealing dog toys??? #12  
Fox is what I would say. They collect stuff like crazy around here. One den looked like the party scene from the movie Animal House. Trash, bones, balls and a horse legging.

/ Animal stealing dog toys??? #13  
Fox collected all the little garden figurines that came with the place…

I couldn’t figure it out until I saw it scampering away and the next day found catche.

/ Animal stealing dog toys??? #14  
We've had either Coyotes or Foxes play and move around the big round balls we have for our horses in the pasture. Sometimes I even have to go retrieve them outside of the fence line.

/ Animal stealing dog toys??? #15  
Just remembered another situation. An animal thinking about stealing MY toy. I have a solar powered wrist watch. About once a week, on a good sunny day- put the wrist watch out on the porch rail - all day. Let the solar battery recharge.

About three months ago - I'm on the computer - I hear a raven squawk. He was close so I got up to look. He was standing on the rail eye-balling my watch. I don't know what he had in mind - I let loose a beller and he flew off. Now I use a cord and tie the watch to the porch rail.

With my luck - I'll see a raccoon running across the yard with a shiny new wrist watch.

/ Animal stealing dog toys??? #17  
All my pallets are out in the orchard. One under each of my implements. Your stack is safe - WM75Guy.