Angle Grinder(s) - Lost Their Smoke

/ Angle Grinder(s) - Lost Their Smoke #32  
Have Milwaukee from the 80’s and so far so good.

Neighbor burned up 3 HF over a weekend and HF insisted on refunding so he would not come back.

/ Angle Grinder(s) - Lost Their Smoke
no doubt the abrasive dust did both grinders in.

on the operator's side, i see a lot of residential, commercial, & public works concrete being cut in construction all the time. generally, 90% of the construction workers don't wear masks, safety glasses, or ear protectors.
hell, replace the Bosh, it's toast.... but when you start coughing or lose your sight & hearing?...don't know what to say on that
Pro gear is required.

/ Angle Grinder(s) - Lost Their Smoke #34  
I wish the angle grinder makers would make a place to store the arbor nut on the tool, when not in use. Those little buggers either grow legs or my aging mind can't remember where I put them.

/ Angle Grinder(s) - Lost Their Smoke #35  
Now if they were made in England you could try that Lucas OEM Smoke in a Bottle that we use in British sports cars when the wiring system starts to leak its smoke. Still available at most BMC dealers.
Lucas, the Prince of Darkness.

/ Angle Grinder(s) - Lost Their Smoke #36  
no doubt the abrasive dust did both grinders in.

on the operator's side, i see a lot of residential, commercial, & public works concrete being cut in construction all the time. generally, 90% of the construction workers don't wear masks, safety glasses, or ear protectors.
hell, replace the Bosh, it's toast.... but when you start coughing or lose your sight & hearing?...don't know what to say on that
OSHA's Silica regs came out a few years before I retired. Our company made big investments in training and equipment. We always had PPE, but the amount of equipment and attachments required to be compliant with the silica regs was quite large. There's a means to mitigate dust regardless of the operation. We had gangboxes of vacs and attachments for our projects and even bought 20V SDS drills that accept HEPA filtration.

Most people went along with the effort. We also had some hardheaded fellows who didn't think their lungs were worth a few simple precautions.

/ Angle Grinder(s) - Lost Their Smoke #37  
I wish the angle grinder makers would make a place to store the arbor nut on the tool, when not in use. Those little buggers either grow legs or my aging mind can't remember where I put them.
I agree, I now have a dedicated grinder shelf for everything grinding related. How about zip tied to the cord for the arbor nut? Yes you cut the zip tie when you need it but if you’re like me have a large zip tie collection.

/ Angle Grinder(s) - Lost Their Smoke #38  
OSHA's Silica regs came out a few years before I retired. Our company made big investments in training and equipment. We always had PPE, but the amount of equipment and attachments required to be compliant with the silica regs was quite large. There's a means to mitigate dust regardless of the operation. We had gangboxes of vacs and attachments for our projects and even bought 20V SDS drills that accept HEPA filtration.

Most people went along with the effort. We also had some hardheaded fellows who didn't think their lungs were worth a few simple precautions.
you're prob correct. there is federal safety protocol. then it varies by state. bottom line, it's the contractor's responsibility to follow though enforcing. NW AR is rapidly growing. most all of the workers are Hispanic (excellent workers) but most workers i see cutting concrete, carpentry, etc wear no safety glasses or hearing protection, or masks. Most are young....don't see many older ones on the job.

/ Angle Grinder(s) - Lost Their Smoke #39  
Back when I was young and dumb, I was grinding a high spot of concrete with no ppe. I learned the hard way it is important to wear goggles, mask too. Had to go to the doctor to get a chunk of concrete removed from my eye. I thought it would wash out on it's own, so I waited a day or two before seeking professional help. Sure was irritating! Not so young anymore, hopefully not as dumb either!