Andrew Camarata

/ Andrew Camarata #411  
I have seen most of his videos but like Eddie have stopped watching.
He is good at fixing things and coming up with solutions

/ Andrew Camarata #412  
I kind of got bored with his videos and haven't seen anything in awhile. The comments about him building a road up a mountain have me wondering what he's doing. Did he buy a mountain?

He has a 3 hr video on it. Then many more videos working up on the mountain. He said it was 80 acres, but it looks much larger. I expect some of the road at the bottom is just ROW. He does tear things up, but is very good at fixing stuff.

/ Andrew Camarata #413  
I watched the beginning of the mountain video last night. It's OK. I'm shocked at how abusive he is with everything he's operated so far. From his SUV and his truck, to his ATV's and especially the tracked skid steer. He just beats the crap out of them!!!!

/ Andrew Camarata #414  
I watched the beginning of the mountain video last night. It's OK. I'm shocked at how abusive he is with everything he's operated so far. From his SUV and his truck, to his ATV's and especially the tracked skid steer. He just beats the crap out of them!!!!
Agreed. I really enjoy the videos, but agree that he is really hard on equipment. More brute force, and not much fitness. As time goes on and he matures he seems to value his time more, and his equipment is less and less POS stuff. Not always, and he learned a hard lesson on the rock haulers. But he seems to have dumped all the old Bobcat stuff that was always breaking in favor of a couple of Kubota minis that are much more reliable. But it's a transition we all go through from starting out poor as dirt, to hopefully ending up with some $$ and the ability to choose more between spending time vs $$ on something.

/ Andrew Camarata #415  
The property he bought is really nice and remote. That sitting area with the view, rocks. I recently got a 4K monitor and watch most of his videos on the PC.

And yes, he creates most of his problems. He creates excellent videos and is clearly making a ton of money. Good for him.

/ Andrew Camarata #416  
Better to watch all Youtube videos on a 4K TV, IMO.

Example: my 1K and 2.7K Youtube videos look great on my Samsung 55" 4K TV, better than they do on a 5K 27" iMac screen.

Part of it is atmosphere, I think.

/ Andrew Camarata #417  
funny, the quality of the video was what first attracted me.
I don't watch tv at all, have a 37" Samsung 5k pc monitor on my desk and a comfy chair.
watching his drone work was wonderful.
watching him work on stuff in 4k precision is fun.
Where I feel I can reach in and help out...the pic is so clear.

1080 seems fuzzy to me now.

I'd be like the Odd Couple around Andrew, always trying to paint and fix up what he's banged up
if you can imagine Oscar whining about not tracking mud in the cab.... ;)

He does seem to spend it as fast as he makes it, figuratively.

/ Andrew Camarata #418  
I once thought about how much wealth he has tied up in equipment. It's actually not too bad to park some money in equipment. You don't have to pay reoccurring taxes or registration fees, meaning there is no ongoing maintenance fees to maintain wealth. I bet he can sell just about every piece of equipment for more than he paid for them. The only real investment to go bad for him was the rock trucks. He probably lost some money there, but not as much as people think. He makes money using them and doesn't have to hire out services for his own needs. Plus he gets Youtube money.

Knock his style on equipment, but he's laughing all the way to the bank.

/ Andrew Camarata #419  
I like watching his videos. No doubt a little showmanship in some of the videos to get and maintain viewers. Example, most people would not take a chainsaw to a dash board to enlarge the opening for a new radio, but he did.

Videos got a little stale IMO when he included his GF in some of the videos, but the GF is no more apparently.

/ Andrew Camarata #420  
And I’m watching on my iPhone screen.