Andrew Camarata

/ Andrew Camarata #521  

nice new house, clearly no woman living here...I was impressed how neat it was.
Is this Andrew's or someone else's home?
Not sure how well a charred wood exterior will hold up; unless well sealed, think it would be absorbent.
not my cup of tea.

/ Andrew Camarata #522  
Whoa. Is that on his mountain? Looks amazing.

Charred wood exterior is definitely a hot trend right now. It holds up well to rain, I hear. I thought it was called shou sugi ban, but apparently that was a horrible western misinterpretation and its called yakisugi.

/ Andrew Camarata #523  

Not sure how well a charred wood exterior will hold up; unless well sealed, think it would be absorbent.
not my cup of tea.
Looking at the video where Andrew walks up on the porch, you can see that it is wicking water up the siding from the melting snow on the porch.

Aaron Z

/ Andrew Camarata #524  

not my cup of tea.
The home owner was probably the man who came out and explained the windows came from somewhere in Europe, Germany I think he said.

Someone on YouTube is always burning the outside layer of posts and boards to make it last longer. I'd like to see a study of how various species of charred wood compare to black locust, white oak, and eastern red cedar.

/ Andrew Camarata #525  
He has more recent videos of building a new driveway up to his buddy’s house.

/ Andrew Camarata #526  
It's only pressurized when it's running. When it sits a hole in the intake anywhere depending on the size mice, bugs, salt spray, dust, anything will find its way in there. If it was me, I would fix it as soon as possible. But my stuff doesn't look like his.🍻

It's a 1/16" inch hole. And like I stated earlier, before canister emissions laws every turbo intercooler I've seen came with a weep hole to drain out water so they wouldn't slug the engine under the right conditions.

Last edited:
   / Andrew Camarata #527  
It's a 1/16" inch hole. And like I stated earlier, before canister emissions laws every turbo intercooler I've seen came with a weep hole to drain out water so they wouldn't slug the engine under the right conditions.
Eric, before VW had to fess up about faking the emission controls on their TDI line, my Golf TDI had the same problem. In the winter, condensation would form in a low spot in the intercooler and boy did it sound unhappy when it gulped it down. There was no weep hole and clearly it needed one. I found out about it online, VW denied, and denied, and denied, and then did a TSB saying they would replace a plastic part with one that drained better. Which they did. I sold the car before the scandal. Always thought it ran and performed very well. First couple of winters, even in a garage, had starting incidents. And VW denied.

quite a way for Andrew to earn a living. become your own movie star.

Does Andrew have merchandise? A Patreon connection?
would you wear a Camarata tshirt?

personally I don't wear advertising or message shirts, but
I think Andrew's name is now fairly recognizable. I wonder how much excavating business it brings in.

/ Andrew Camarata
She's back...

Samantha posted a video on her channel... comments were basically unknown if they are together again or if she is just working for him. Funny to me, when Andrew doesn't post videos for a while, she shows up in them. (Just saying....)

/ Andrew Camarata #529  
Start at 40:00 to see how not to pour concrete.