An EV??????`

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / An EV??????` #331  
I did have a childhood acquaintance that was killed by lightning. Pretty sad story.

I've taken shelter under a tree during a thunder storm when camping before. Now it makes one wonder where the best place to take cover would be. Look for the smallest tree in the forest?
Stay away from trees during an electrical storm. Try to make yourself the lowest point in your area. If caught in the open disburse, do not group or huddle up together.

/ An EV??????` #332  
Stay away from trees during an electrical storm. Try to make yourself the lowest point in your area. If caught in the open disburse, do not group or huddle up together.
So standing at a Tesla supercharger in the open ( as they typically are) holding a electrical cord ...is good or bad ?? ;)

/ An EV??????` #333  
I've taken shelter under a tree during a thunder storm when camping before. Now it makes one wonder where the best place to take cover would be. Look for the smallest tree in the forest?
If I couldn't get into a vehicle, a ditch would be my next option...as long as there's no water in it.

Lightning doesn't necessarily strike the tallest or most conductive object either, so it's a bit of a crap shoot.

They say that if you can hear thunder, you can get struck. Well, I won't stop working with the backhoe just because I hear thunder, which is somewhat often, but do postpone any fence work.

/ An EV??????` #334  
Depe
So standing at a Tesla supercharger in the open ( as they typically are) holding a electrical cord ...is good or bad ?? ;)
Depend on your intellectual comprehension level. If this is a behavioral habit you developed while you were fueling your gasoline or diesel vehicle I say continue doing the same with your electric vehicle. If you haven't been struck by now odds are you never will be.

Last edited:
   / An EV??????` #335  
   / An EV??????` #336  

Thousands of Canadians go without power during Alberta’s “brownout” as wind fails to show up​

Wind???

Have they changed there electrical power generation method?

Where does Alberta get its electricity?

CER – Provincial and Territorial Energy Profiles – Alberta

"Alberta is the third largest producer of electricity in Canada and has an estimated generating capacity of 16 330 megawatts (MW). About 89% of electricity in Alberta is produced from fossil fuels– approximately 36% from coal and 54% from natural gas."

/ An EV??????` #338  
Depe

Depend on your intellectual comprehension level. If this is a behavioral habit you developed while you were fueling you gasoline or diesel vehicle I say continue doing the same with your electric vehicle. If you haven't been struck by now odds are you never will be.
IMG_1031.jpeg

/ An EV??????` #339  

It is low Voltage until the connection is made.

Then self checks are made, before it applies higher voltage and current for charging.

KWH is ramped up smoothly as well.
I guess if you continue to stand there holding a locked in cord during a lightning storm there could be increased risk.

Has anyone actually seen any data on lightning strikes at or near charging stations or people struck at them? If the charging stations have canopies I can't imagine the risk would be as high as say playing soccer and having both teams struck.

/ An EV??????` #340  
It is low Voltage until the connection is made.

Then self checks are made, before it applies higher voltage and current for charging.

KWH is ramped up smoothly as well.
I guess if you continue to stand there holding a locked in cord during a lightning storm there could be increased risk.

Has anyone actually seen any data on lightning strikes at or near charging stations or people struck at them? If the charging stations have canopies I can't imagine the risk would be as high as say playing soccer and having both teams struck.
You realize my post was a joke eh ? See meme above. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.