An EV??????`

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / An EV??????` #141  
None of this will register with him, don’t waste your time. Reason and logic are lost on him.

Reason and logic eh?
Do you own an EV?
If you don’t your opinion on the usefulness of EVs is pretty much worthless.
But congrats on making my ever growing ignore list.

/ An EV??????` #142  
None of this will register with him, don’t waste your time. Reason and logic are lost on him.
Exactly right, over on the other Battery EV thread he is constantly strawman arguing interspersed with many a holier than thou statement, he has me and many others on ignore because we call him on his missinformation.

/ An EV??????` #143  
Reason and logic eh?
Do you own an EV?
If you don’t your opinion on the usefulness of EVs is pretty much worthless.
But congrats on making my ever growing ignore list.
You have so much good things to say about your EV. So why do you still own an ICE?

/ An EV??????` #144  
   / An EV??????` #145  
He obviously likes his EVs and it's his choice to use them. As they get more prevalent, I am sure more people will buy them. I wouldn't mind onecas a third vehicle, but it would have to be affordable. It's the viewpoint by many that because it works for them, everybody should drive one is what I disagree with.
I don't let my fuel tank get below 1/2; running a battery dry, then waiting all night for it to charge doesn't sit well with me.

A vehicle here starts rusting out after a decade. There's no way I'm spending 70k for a Tesla or any other vehicle.

My opinion to those that are misinformed about EVs is to listen to those of us who actually own them. Just as I listened to those who owned a tractor when I sought information on this forum.
Your fuel source for the majority of your driving is at home.
My Tesla will charge to 90% at home from about 20% in about 7 hrs. I rarely get it below that level driving locally

A Tesla Y will cost about $40k if you qualify for the tax incentive.

/ An EV??????` #146  
Don't generally agree with much that you say but I think you nailed it with this. The True Believers here seem to think that EVs are the greatest thing since sliced cheese and anyone who doesn't buy the hype is a hater.

The same fanboys seem to be under the illusion there's a super charger on every corner too. Dunno about where they live but AFAIK the nearest one to me is an hour and a half away. If there's one closer I've yet to see it.
I'm not saying that there aren't some drivers for whom an EV is a good choice, but it's not for everyone any more than any other type of vehicle is right for everyone.

See, you’re coming around and making sense! :giggle:
We’ll get you straightened out and smiling again! (y)

/ An EV??????` #147  
Good Lord. What kind of utility company is that? What do they do, string Romex on tree branches from house to house?
Our local mining company and battery cycling plant was adding some equipment a couple of years ago. Power company had to run additional new high lines (you know the big steel towers) for 80 miles. That project took a little over a year with crews working 24x7. One of the linemen paid for his new house just off the OT.
What makes you think providing a few extra mega watts to a high density area would be trivial?

/ An EV??????` #148  
You have so much good things to say about your EV. So why do you still own an ICE?

Because living in a rural area on 45 acres I have a need for a diesel truck. Which I rarely use.
Most people could easily replace one of their ICE vehicles since the average daily driving distance is 50 miles.

I’m surprised at the total ignorance that non EV owners keep displaying in these posts.

If u don’t want one then don’t get one but quit spreading misinformation.

/ An EV??????` #149  
Good Lord. What kind of utility company is that? What do they do, string Romex on tree branches from house to house?

In my area, that’s about exactly what they do!
We have wires held up by mule tape, trees laying on wires, broken/patched utility poles everywhere, etc.

Our electrical grid in my area is 3rd world garbage, yet we pay very high kwh prices.

THAT is why I have very little faith in the estimates to improve the grid being one trillion. I bet it’s 5 times that.

Can you say “increased taxes”?

/ An EV??????` #150  
Because living in a rural area on 45 acres I have a need for a diesel truck. Which I rarely use.
Most people could easily replace one of their ICE vehicles since the average daily driving distance is 50 miles.

I’m surprised at the total ignorance that non EV owners keep displaying in these posts.

If u don’t want one then don’t get one but quit spreading misinformation.

I really don’t think you need to own an EV to have an informed opinion on what forced EV ownership will do to the economic health of this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.