An EV??????`

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / An EV??????` #81  
Do any modern vehicles still have separate gas caps? My '19 GMC doesn't, there's a rubber seal on the filler neck, and another rubber ring on the cover door.

My 2022 Toyota 4Runner still has the standard old gas cap. It also has something I'd not seen before - a hanger to hold the gas cap while the vehicle is being fueled!

/ An EV??????` #82  
I had an AMC Hornet with the gas filler behind the license plate in the middle rear. It was quite convenient as one could pull up to a pump on either side and fill it up.

However, the safety issues/experiences from the 60's to 80's have led to big changes today, mostly for the better, although everyone likes to complain.

The old pickups, of course, had the gas tank behind the seat. Perhaps not so bad, but any leak puts gas in the passenger compartment.

The Land Rover I just got has the gas tank under the passenger seat. I have a feeling it would be under the driver's seat in the UK. No filler neck, so one must raise the seat, open the door, and the hose goes right into the passenger compartment (as well as any spills).

My old Fiat 500 had a "Frunk" with the tank just in front of the cowl. No filler neck, so one opened the trunk, and filled it up. Top it off because there is a difference between a 4 gallon or a 5 gallon fill.

Of course cowl tanks were common on old Model T and other cars, as well as on tractors.

You mentioned missing gas cap. The little plastic gas cap wire is nice. No more lost caps. And, remember to close the cover.
Yeah I lost a few gas caps that I sat on the pickup bed rail and got distracted before I put them back on.

/ An EV??????` #83  
I’ve become a big fan of the capless filler necks on my truck and car

• Good Post
Reactions: RB5
   / An EV??????`
I read some place that it would take 8 years to
install 15,000 stations a year to meet the demand
for ev's

willy

/ An EV??????` #85  
They are not non issues considering the fleet company was to install the charging station and had that requirement. It was mandatory. As for the fire hazard, its obviously a consideration seeing how a huge fleet management company that deals with thousands of vehicles a year has recommended not parking an EV inside due to fire risk based off of their data.

NON ISSUES. 240 volt charger is easy to install and fire risks are over blown.

/ An EV??????` #86  
NON ISSUES. 240 volt charger is easy to install and fire risks are over blown.
Ok, you can keep repeating the same thing but it doesn’t make it correct. Also, you know 240v is different than 250 AMPS right? I have 100 amp service, I would have to have another line run from the road and my entire panel replaced. I’ll give you the number for my fleet company and you can talk to them, apparently you know better than they do. 🤡

/ An EV??????` #87  
The Land Rover I just got has the gas tank under the passenger seat.

My old Fiat 500 had a "Frunk" with the tank just in front of the cowl. No filler neck, so one opened the trunk, and filled it up. Top it off because there is a difference between a 4 gallon or a 5 gallon fill.
My (real) Jeep, a '51 CJ 3A, has the tank under the driver's seat, but with an external filler neck.

Quite convenient as there's no reason to get out when filling up...if paying at the pump.

Had a few of those (real) 500s, and the tank in the front never bothered me. If hitting a moose, or even a small deer, it would've been all over anyway.

/ An EV??????` #88  
As I recall it was determined that the car in question had no gas cap on it...the driver had used self-serve gas before the incident and had forgotten to put it back on. Also, the location of the gas tank in Pintos wasn't any different than anyone else's subcompact car of the era, it just happened to be Ford that got sued over it. Not sure I'd want to be in a front end collision in a VW of that era either.

Anyone remember the tv news show on the so-called exploding gas tanks on GM pickups where it was determined that the whole thing was staged?

YES! Diane Sawyer was the one, I believe?
After that, mainstream media news lost credibility to me.

/ An EV??????` #89  
Ok, you can keep repeating the same thing but it doesn’t make it correct. Also, you know 240v is different than 250 AMPS right?
I have 100 amp service, I would have to have another line run from the road and my entire panel replaced. I’ll give you the number for my fleet company and you can talk to them, apparently you know better than they do. 🤡

LOL

1712362124093.jpeg

Last edited:
   / An EV??????` #90  
Anyone remember the tv news show on the so-called exploding gas tanks on GM pickups where it was determined that the whole thing was staged?
I had two of them at the time and was supposed to get about $1,500 in "compensation" for each one as I recall.

Never got a dime. Oh well, they didn't explode either.

Status
Not open for further replies.