Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #1  

Cub gt 2544=best

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 Cub Cadet GT 2544
Is this amsoil small engine 10w30 engine any good? I love amsoil but never used there small engine oil.

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #2  
If you like Amsoil, use it.. Wont do any harm.

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #4  
Is this amsoil small engine 10w30 engine any good? I love amsoil but never used there small engine oil.
Some of the best oil out there. I have been using it since it came out in several engines.
I sold a 12 year old 15hp Kohler powered Craftsman riding mower many years ago and the oil always looked like it was just poured in at the end of every season when I changed it.
I use it in a Spartan ZT (140 hrs) and a JD LA145 (285 hrs) and a 20+ year old 20" craftsman push mower.

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #5  
I use the Amsoil Small Engine oil 10w30 in all my small engines. Including my Boomer 1025 tractor. It's good oil.

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #6  
it also won't do anything more then other oil, other then to lighten your wallet.
I'll disagree with you. It will definitely work better preventing rust during the off season than any other oil, it will also do better preventing viscosity shearing and sludge buildup than most oils out there. It also has proven to lower operating temperatures.

As a dealer or PC you also don't pay much more for Amsoil's proven top performance than other oils.

I was initially a skeptic decades ago as well but after tons of research I constantly saw Amsoil was highly regarded and testing always showed it was one of the best if not the best and I decide to try it myself.
Now after decades of using several Amsoil products first hand I agree, Amsoil is the best available.

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #7  
Some of the best oil out there. I have been using it since it came out in several engines.
I sold a 12 year old 15hp Kohler powered Craftsman riding mower many years ago and the oil always looked like it was just poured in at the end of every season when I changed it.
I use it in a Spartan ZT (140 hrs) and a JD LA145 (285 hrs) and a 20+ year old 20" craftsman push mower.
That may not be a good thing. Detergent oil is supposed to change color indicating that it's cleaning the engine. I used Quaker State 10W30 for years in an old Cub 1450 and it was spotless inside when I dropped the pan after 1000 hours.
Bob B.

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #8  
That may not be a good thing. Detergent oil is supposed to change color indicating that it's cleaning the engine. I used Quaker State 10W30 for years in an old Cub 1450 and it was spotless inside when I dropped the pan after 1000 hours.
Bob B.
Depends on the hours and usage. My ZTR and other small mowers' oil always look 'new' at the end of the year.

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #9  
Isn’t small engine oil supposed to be non detergent ?

/ Amsoil Small Engine 10w30 small engine oil in kohler command ch670 #10  
Isn’t small engine oil supposed to be non detergent ?
I think older manuals did for some reason or another, but this is straight outts the Kohler Command Pro 27hp manual:

"We recommend use of Kohler oils for best performance. Other high-quality detergent oils (including synthetic) of API (American Petroleum Institute) service class SJ or higher are acceptable."