Ammo Box on B7800

/ Ammo Box on B7800 #1  

jejeosborne

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota/B7800
I bought a medium sized ammo box a couple of months ago and looked for a good place to mount it on my tractor. I looked around the front and the loader areas and found no place to mount it. Finally I got tired of tripping over it in my barn so I searched once more. Came up with a way to mount it to the rops bar without drilling and with little effort. I removed the hazard light that is outside the rops bar and reversed the bracket so that it faced forward. Drilled two holes in the ammo box and put the bolts back in and wala done. It is the perfect height and is easy to get to even when seated. Here are some pics

Attachments

• Picture 006-2.jpg
    Picture 006-2.jpg
    911.9 KB · Views: 1,170
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    860.8 KB · Views: 842
  • Picture 008-2.jpg
    Picture 008-2.jpg
    824.3 KB · Views: 976
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    799.7 KB · Views: 717
  • Picture 010-2.jpg
    Picture 010-2.jpg
    987.1 KB · Views: 827
   / Ammo Box on B7800 #2  
I like ammo boxes. I use them for all kinds of stuff. I find them at the local flea market all the time and buy them if they are in good shape and usually pay $3 or $4 for them. I found a 50 cal. can that is hinged on the side and mounted it to my tractor to use as a tool box. I mounted it on the 2nd step on the right side of my tractor, which puts it at a nice height when I am on the ground. I rarely get on or off the tractor on that side because of the loader joystick but if I do need to use that side I can just step on the ammo box. My son has inherited my fondness for ammo boxes and he built a computer for his truck in another 50 cal. box.

/ Ammo Box on B7800 #3  
I had the exact same box mounted in the exact same location on the CK20 I had...it was wonderful until i came home one day and the wife said "oh, you know that little box you had for the tools? I bent it a little on a tree"...it was bent so "little" that you could barely tell that it was square previously :eek: ...good thing they are inexpensive and pretty easy to come by!

/ Ammo Box on B7800
As far as the left blinker is concerned I plan on mounting it to the bottom of the ammo box. Waiting for a rainy day for that 10 minute fix. Enjoying the unseasonal high temps lately.

/ Ammo Box on B7800 #6  
Very nice - great mounting idea. I may have to do that.

/ Ammo Box on B7800 #7  
Mine is green :D

Attachments

• tool bos side view.jpg
    tool bos side view.jpg
    592.9 KB · Views: 650
  • tool box opened.jpg
    tool box opened.jpg
    646.8 KB · Views: 706
  • tool box top view.jpg
    tool box top view.jpg
    493.8 KB · Views: 568
   / Ammo Box on B7800 #8  
   / Ammo Box on B7800 #9  
Thanks for the quick replies.
I saw the ammo box mounted on the JD 750 the other day when I started scatching my head. The 790 has the side panels on the engine compartment. I layed the box in that position .It would interfere with taking the panel out. The engine oil dipstick is behind that panel buried under everything else. I do not want to further complicate that procedure of checking the oil.
Thanks
Ray