AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B

/ AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B #11  
I tried to bring a Mosin back from Afghanistan; no bolt, just the rifle that I'd spent my free time restoring. It had been found in a cache, and hung outside a hut for a year or so, and I had it looking new.

Only needed an O4 or higher to sign off on it; no one would. Of course, someone was willing to steal my computer and every DVD I owned out of storage at the same time.

/ AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B #12  
I tried to bring a Mosin back from Afghanistan; no bolt, just the rifle that I'd spent my free time restoring. It had been found in a cache, and hung outside a hut for a year or so, and I had it looking new.

Only needed an O4 or higher to sign off on it; no one would. Of course, someone was willing to steal my computer and every DVD I owned out of storage at the same time.
I brought an AK back from Desert Storm. Went to my higher HQ asking about demilitarizing it and hang it on the wall of the 1SG office. Was told no. Then later was told by my higher HQ that I had to turn it over to the CSM. Wonder where that ended up??? Worst part was my higher HQ didn't Deploy. Bastards.

/ AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B #13  
That sounds about right; I learned, eventually, you just keep some things to yourself. 🤣

Interesting you had to turn it into the CSM; not the armorer, not the PMO, nope... the CSM.

/ AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B #14  
That sounds about right; I learned, eventually, you just keep some things to yourself. 🤣

Interesting you had to turn it into the CSM; not the armorer, not the PMO, nope... the CSM.
We had a Battalion formation not long after we Redeployed. My Company was the only one in the Battalion that Deployed. The CSM stood in front of the formation and said "Desert Storm is over, no need to talk about it anymore". What an A**hole.

/ AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B #15  
We had a Battalion formation not long after we Redeployed. My Company was the only one in the Battalion that Deployed. The CSM stood in front of the formation and said "Desert Storm is over, no need to talk about it anymore". What an A**hole.

Did he try to dissuade the wearing of combat patches? I don't think I'm far off, thinking you were Army.

I recall some NCO in my battalion attempting some such thing, but I was clearing at the time and wasn't paying much attention; no doubt they were slapped down.

/ AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B #16  
Did he try to dissuade the wearing of combat patches? I don't think I'm far off, thinking you were Army.

I recall some NCO in my battalion attempting some such thing, but I was clearing at the time and wasn't paying much attention; no doubt they were slapped down.
Yes Army. No debate regarding combat patch. A JAG Officer would love to get ahold of that case. :)

/ AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B #18  
   / AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B #19  
The Humvee has served our military well. But it no longer offers the troop support needed.

I spent 34 months in Combat Zones utilizing the Hummer platform. Started with sandbags for uparmor. Ended with Hummers so heavy the platform could barely function.

Was Blessed to not suffer a KIA. Had several WIAs. When incoming begins the cost of the platform is irrelevent.

This upgrade is overdue.

Sadly, during my nephews first tour, my nephew's Hummer got clocked by an IED and not all of the occupants made it. Back in the early nineties when Hummers were just coming into our inventory, Hummers were slower than CUTVs! before the IED incident, my nephew told me the guys in the motor pool were nice enough to let him weld in more armor, but mounted, with all their gear, he told that turtles had a chance in a drag race against it.

The photos of the sheer number of recovered, wrecked, blown-up humvees all stacked up in definitely showed that our mounted patrols (everybody) needed to have heavier armored vehicles.