AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B

/ AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B #1  

MossRoad

Super Moderator
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
   / AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B #2  
$415,000 a pop.
I remember when I thought $100,000 per Humvee was a lot.

That thing should be able to fly for that price.

Is it electric?

Last edited:
   / AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B #3  
I'd love to know how much of that went to R&D, and how much greased palms.

/ AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B #5  
The Humvee has served our military well. But it no longer offers the troop support needed.

I spent 34 months in Combat Zones utilizing the Hummer platform. Started with sandbags for uparmor. Ended with Hummers so heavy the platform could barely function.

Was Blessed to not suffer a KIA. Had several WIAs. When incoming begins the cost of the platform is irrelevent.

This upgrade is overdue.

/ AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B #6  
The Humvee has served our military well. But it no longer offers the troop support needed.

I spent 34 months in Combat Zones utilizing the Hummer platform. Started with sandbags for uparmor. Ended with Hummers so heavy the platform could barely function.

Was Blessed to not suffer a KIA. Had several WIAs. When incoming begins the cost of the platform is irrelevent.

This upgrade is overdue.
The problem is they system is so complex it can't be organically serviced. But yeah,nothing worse than riding around in a 1098 with steel doors you cut out and hung yourself (no bulletproof glass)...the good old days.

/ AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B #8  
The problem is they system is so complex it can't be organically serviced. But yeah,nothing worse than riding around in a 1098 with steel doors you cut out and hung yourself (no bulletproof glass)...the good old days.
floorboard full of sandbags.

I wouldn't trade those days for anything. Human bonding at it's finest.

/ AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B #9  
floorboard full of sandbags.

I wouldn't trade those days for anything. Human bonding at it's finest.
My very first patrol in my brand new 1114, like delivered the day before and I pulled the plastic off the seats new, and had AC for the first time in six months, I hit a double stack 155 just off the front TC wheel. Totally destroyed it and I was so mad....but also pretty dang happy I wasn't riding what I had been the day prior.

Funny story it actually blew my window half way into my lap and I ended up tearing it off the truck when we got back and were crossloading our gear to another truck. I did so much paperwork to bring it home and had everything but it mysteriously disappeared from the container in Kuwait/Customs. Bastards.

/ AMGeneral gets another military contract worth $8.6B #10  
My very first patrol in my brand new 1114, like delivered the day before and I pulled the plastic off the seats new, and had AC for the first time in six months, I hit a double stack 155 just off the front TC wheel. Totally destroyed it and I was so mad....but also pretty dang happy I wasn't riding what I had been the day prior.

Funny story it actually blew my window half way into my lap and I ended up tearing it off the truck when we got back and were crossloading our gear to another truck. I did so much paperwork to bring it home and had everything but it mysteriously disappeared from the container in Kuwait/Customs. Bastards.
Great story. I clearly envisioned the whole thing as I read it. I would have been pi**ed!!!! And grateful.....

Hopefully statue of limitations has expired. One of my Platoon Sergeants and I tried to smuggle an AK home. Built a box between two floor runners of a milvan. Even painted it black to better disguise it. Was all excited when the milvan showed up at the unit. Him and I waited until evening after everyone had left. Lifted it with the forklift and crawled under..... Bastards.....