Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases.

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #21  
I've gone back to mostly local purchase where I can. Or ANY other but Amazon and box stores.

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #22  
Amazon remains about the easiest place to order from, even if they may not be the absolute cheapest. It’s a one or two click task vs having to set up an account, password, credit card info, etc.

The main exception in my world is Auto parts. Can’t beat Rock’s catalog, and their delivery time and cost is competitive, all in. Amazon’s auto parts lookup just plain sucks, by comparison.

Amazon also sucks for Milwaukee power tools.

Buying locally is a poor optio by comparison, consider the poor stocking level and high prices.
I do the same. The online retailers and delivery have completely changed this rural lifestyle. We used to go to town far more often. Now weeks pass without even considering a trip to town.
rScotty

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #23  
Cancelled my Amazon acct some time ago. Price isn't the only metric I use to determine where I shop. One of the major things that Amazon does that rubs me the wrong way is to list many things that do not resemble what I put in search. Another is to list things they haven't had in stock for years. There are many others. I really got tired of fighting with their site.

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #24  
Free shipping/free returns wwith Amazon is a plus. I do order from thm, just do additional searching because of their rising pricees. "Heard" they are increasing Prime membership. Just the sign of the times...

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #25  
I did a search looking to see if I could find a brochure from when my 67 Ford 3000 was new.
Found a reprint on Amazon. By the time I paid shipping it would have been over $70 Canadian.

I had to restrain from purchasing on principle alone, LOL

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #26  
I have had issues with counterfeit items on amazon. sd card. Bearing. Carburetor. I have really slowed down amazon shopping

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #27  
I have had issues with counterfeit items on amazon. sd card. Bearing. Carburetor. I have really slowed down amazon shopping
Yes, other problem is you get same looking part but from different vendors.

I once ordered wheel bearings for my Polaris Sportsman because Polaris and their dealer really P'd me off so I no longer give them my money. First set I got lasted a long time. Got another set from same seller for my other one and they were shot after a couple rides.

And got a complete set of driveshafts and u-joints for the 500 H.O. and they didn't last one ride. Now they have as much play and slop as the wore out ones I replaced.

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #28  
Interesting. I just bought and received a dozen nylon blades for my Stihl FS 66 brush trimmer and last time I bought them, they were 15 bucks for 3 dozen. This time, 15 bucks for a dozen and made in India, last set I bought was made in Germany. I realize inflation is bad but 1/3rd the quantity for the same money... crazy.

You really have to watch Amazon as they are the Wal Mart of the Internet.

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #29  
Interesting. I just bought and received a dozen nylon blades for my Stihl FS 66 brush trimmer and last time I bought them, they were 15 bucks for 3 dozen. This time, 15 bucks for a dozen and made in India, last set I bought was made in Germany. I realize inflation is bad but 1/3rd the quantity for the same money... crazy.

You really have to watch Amazon as they are the Wal Mart of the Internet.
Pretty much have to watch everything now.....including the dealers. Sad but true.

I HATE working on my vehicles now. I buy new with warranty and I have so much distrust now I don't even take them to dealer. Any issue that comes up, I fix myself.
EVERY time I take something to a dealer in my area, I end up up home fixing more issues they didn't have before the visit to the dealers.

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #30  
EVERY time I take something to a dealer in my area, I end up up home fixing more issues they didn't have before the visit to the dealers.

I've had similar experiences with my local Chev dealer. I take the car in for a issue, and when I get home and look under the hood. I see several items that are loose, broken or just not connected up correctly.