Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases.

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #1  

Yander

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mine - Yanmar SA425 - Wife's LLC - Massey Ferguson 1750M - JD 3010, Kubota G6200 GT. All Diesel
Have you noticed that Amazon is no longer always the best price. In fact, the things I have bought in the past several weeks have not been the lowest at all.

They are convenient for sure, but sometimes at a real cost. Check out the prices on Walmart, Kroger, etc. before blindly buying from Amazon.

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #2  
I've noticed this for over a year. They build up their client base with Prime, lower prices etc. Now that they have a strong foothold, they are raising prices. Buyer beware...

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #3  
You're definitely correct, I've noticed that a lot lately. Only problem is a lot of times what I'm after is not available locally.

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #4  
And….always check more than just their first listings shown; those seem to generally be higher priced. If you scroll down, sometimes you’ll find the exact same item cheaper.

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #5  
It pays to shop around so I'm not renewing my prime this year.

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #6  
Yup, I always sort the listings by " lowest price, including shipping. "

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #7  
Amazon is where I start my search. Once I figure out what I want, then I'll do a search to see if somebody else has it cheaper. Funny, but Home Depot has had better prices on tractor and my Kawasaki Mule then Amazon.

When I went to order mower blades, the company that I've been buying them from had raised their price from what I paid last year. I looked on Amazon and they had the blades for less money then I paid last year, so I bought from Amazon instead.

The best part of Amazon is being able to find things with significant positive reviews. We wanted some new TV trays. All my life I've only known of the ones with the folding legs until I looked on Amazon and discovered TV trays that slide under the sofa so the tray is real close to you while sitting back comfortably. It's one of those things I never thought about before, but now that I have that style of TV tray, my life is just a little bit better!!!!

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #9  
been noticing that walmart beats amazon sometimes when you figure in shipping (running to the local walmart is better for me than waiting on a large package and fighting off the porch pirates), Ebay beats amazon consistently now.

/ Amazon Prices - Noticed they are higher in many cases. #10  
Walmart is waking up late to the fact that Amazon had a good business model. I noticed a few Walmart+ trucks delivering things the last few days. We use Amazon to search and will go directly to the merchant when practical.

The higher prices I have noticed are those things that don't ship well. In modern times the 'we got you, now we can raise prices' is a joke. Information is too available. Look at how quickly the market pivoted on AB.